Pearl webcam on Jan 21 - rough seas?

lola4795

I'm looking at the Pearl webcam right now (7:30am CST). It is showing the Pearl at sea. The seas look rough to me, but I've never been on a cruise before.

Would you consider this to be rough seas? How much will this level of seas affect activities such as the pool?

They don't look horrible. In seas like that you would feel minimal movement depending on where you are on the ship. The way the ships are built and the size of them....the movement, unless in a rough storm with heavy winds isn't terrible and they have good stabilizers. Different variables are considered when they are closing the pool and I have never really been up on deck when it is rocky to know how bad it gets before they close it.

I have noticed that most times when it is like this they close the outside doors to the promenade preventing anyone from being out there.

The funny thing is every time I look it seems there is always the same guy in the top right of the picture and the sea always has whitecaps.

We're first time cruisers to so we're bringing the patch just incase the stabilizers aren't doing the job. :D

Archived