Changing Booking Agents

angelboysmom

I remember seeing another post about this a week or so ago, but can't find it... I booked a cruise through a local agent, but have since received a quote from another agent that could save me about $800. If my cuurent agent cannot match this price, can I transfer the booking to a different agent and get the better price? If so, how do I do this? Thanks in advance for all your help!

You can cancel with your original agent and rebook with the new one (but the agency may have cancellation fees...). Otherwise the original agent will have to give up the booking in writing to the cruiseline, which doesn't always happen....You really need to check with your agent for the answer...

I recently changed agents when I determined I could save $200 each. These are the instructions my "new agent" gave to me when transferring a booking:

I have called Carnival and got the instructions first hand!

Your "old agent" needs to write a letter on their letterhead stating permission to release your booking to the new agent.

The letter must contain your name, ship, sail date, booking number and must be signed by owner or manager. It must have instructions to have the booking and deposit moved to the new agent at the new agent's address.

As soon as Carnival reviews and transfers the booking (it takes about a week), the new agent will receive a confirmation from Carnival and I will then be able to get your rate adjusted. This change will in no way change your room number etc if you had an assigned cabin.

I hope this helps!

Archived