Everything VALOR, share it all here

danyelle

I searched for one but couldn't find it. Perhaps we can have a Valor Only thread.

Any past passengers have hints, tips, photos, menus, capers, advice, ideas to share?? What did you love or hate about this ship?

I was on the Valor in December. Been on 4 other ships and this was one of my favorite. The crew was great, loved the lay out of the ship and the decor of it. Some say its plain, but i like the contribute to american hero's!

Was on the Eastern Itinerary and it was very good. I do have some pics i will have to post later....

We absolutely love the Valor. We only had one complaint for the entire 7 days and it was addressed. The crew was exceptional, as was the food. We enjoyed the shows, games, and other activities. The CD Chris Jefferson was very good. We visited Mark in the piano bar several times and really enjoyed him. The couple we sailed with has been on several cruises and said the Valor was one of their favorite. We will be sailing her again in the future.

We absolutely love the Valor. We only had one complaint for the entire 7 days and it was addressed. The crew was exceptional, as was the food. We enjoyed the shows, games, and other activities. The CD Chris Jefferson was very good. We visited Mark in the piano bar several times and really enjoyed him. The couple we sailed with has been on several cruises and said the Valor was one of their favorite. We will be sailing her again in the future.

Oh my goodness, I wonder if Mark is the same pianio man Mark that was on my Triumph cruise in 2006. If so . . . he was a hoot. Did he like to go "Arrrg" like a pirate? I sail on the Valor . . . do you think he'll still be there?

I am looking for info on the alternative restaraunt. I can't seem to find the $$ or a menu..let alone anybody that has actually eaten there!! Please help!

I heard it was $30 and delicious. I'm still trying to hunt down some menus myself.

I'm giong on her in May.... TOOO far away.

kristen...

Hey what's up it's chris from the legend cruise last year. weez and I are booked on the triumph at the beginning of june.

The valor is a great ship by the way. Sailed her two years ago, and yes they do have a slide. I believe they are adding more stuff(movie screen on lido deck), and other goodies.

Hope all is well with the family...

Take care,

Chris

I know this isn't a top priority but DD wants to know if there is a water slide? I couldn't see one on the pics that I have come across.

Thanks~

Yes, there is a waterslide (not the whole waterpark thing though). I also heard when it goes into drydock at the end of this month it will get one of the outdoor LED screens. Cruising in April with my DH, DD (3) and other family for my Mom's wedding....can't wait!

This may be the scarletts menu... not sure if it still applies:

STARTERS

TRIO OF ESCARGOTS

Baked in Brioche, wrapped iin rice paper and

classic Bourguignone

BEEF CARPACCIO

Sliced raw beef tenderloins with shaved parmesan cheese

marinated Mache Lettuce

SHUSHI PLATTER

Ahi Tune, Salmon, Shrim and Unagi with Pickled ginger and Wasabi

ICED RUSSIAN CAVIAR

1oz of Suvruga Cavier with tradional condiments and buckwheat blinis

an Extra $29.00 charge will apply

SHRIMP COCKTAIL

Colossal black tiger prawns with american cockatail sauce

NEW ENGLAND CRAB CAKE

on Roasted pepper Remoulade

LOBSTER BISQUE WITH VINTAGE COGNAC

Fleuron & Fresh cream

BAKED ONION SOUP "LES HALLES"

a parisian Classic

SALADS

CLASSIC CAESAR SALAD

Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, traditionally prepared

BABY LEAF SPINACH AND FRESH MUSHROOMS

with blue cheese , warm bacon dressing

TOSSED GARDEN SALAD

Greens, radicchio, tomato wedges, Purple onion rings and watercress

Choice of House, Ranch, or bleu cheese dressing

SIDE DISHES

Baked Potato with trimmings

Sauteed medley of fresh mushroomsYukon old mash with Wasabi Harseradish

Spaghetti with fresh tomoato sauce

Grilled fresh vegetables in season

Creamed Spinach with garlic

ENTREES

BROILED NEW YORK STRIP LOIN STEAK

14oz of the favorite cut for steak connoisseurs

CLASSIC PORTER HOUSE STEAK

24oz of the best from both worlds

BROILED FILET MIGNON

9ox for the true Gourmet

CHILEAN SEA BASS

Lobster Nage-braised sea bass over young spinac and mango salad

BROILED LOBSTER TAIL

served with drawn butter

BROILED SUPREME OF FREE RANGE CHICKEN

with blackberry port wine reduction

GRILLED LAMB CHOPS

double cut lamb chops

served on five-bean cassoulet and rosemary jus

BROILED PROVIMI VEAL CHOP

center cut from the highest greade milk fed veal

SAUCES AVAILABLE

three-peppercorn sauce

wild mushroom sauce

sauce bearnaise.

CITRUS CHEESECAKE WITH HAZELNUT BUSCUIT

Burnt basmati and Mango Ravioli with almosd and marcarpose jam

WASHINGTON APPLE TARTE TARTIN

served with chocolate and leon balm salad

CHOCOLATE TARTE WITH BITER CHOCOLATE PATE

rasberry & pineapple croquant, tiramisu notre facon

FRESH FRUITS

assembly of tropical fruits and berries in seasonserved with homemade sherbet

SELECTION OF INTERNATIONAL

The ship was wonderful, the staff were friendly & helpful and it was the time of our lives!! The show are great - especially the 80"s show. Chris Jefferson was too funny - loved the accent. My boys loved the waterslide. The ship is large enough to never feel crowded. Just remember that floors 2, 3, 5 & 9 are the only ones that go all the way from the front of the ship to the back. Once you have that down - it is a breeze to find everything! Have a fun & and keep her in shape for when I visit her again!

Yes, there is a waterslide (not the whole waterpark thing though). I also heard when it goes into drydock at the end of this month it will get one of the outdoor LED screens. Cruising in April with my DH, DD (3) and other family for my Mom's wedding....can't wait!

Elecia,

Where did you get the information about drydock and repair/remodel plans during drydock?

I hope that you are right about upgrades (ie. Outdoor Movie).

Please provide me a link to your "scoop site".

Thanks!

Elecia,

Where did you get the information about drydock and repair/remodel plans during drydock?

I hope that you are right about upgrades (ie. Outdoor Movie).

Please provide me a link to your "scoop site".

Thanks!

I saw the link on one of these boards and then went, I wish I could remember. Actually I think it is on my roll call. I will post back in one minute.

Here is the drydock info: The “major” change WILL be the installation of innovative new facilities and features (as on its ‘sister ships’ Carnival Liberty and Freedom), including a 270-square-foot LED Video Screen on Lido Deck displaying movies, concerts and other programming (including the daily "morning show" by the Cruise Director) – both throughout the night and day! Special Projects: 1. Video Wall - the huge out-door "Video Screen" just above the Lido Deck pool. 2. A new room called Circle "C" will be created on deck 4 behind the library (port side). It is a small room, but it will be a high tech attraction for the 12 to 14 years age kids (with many flat TV screens). 3. Deck 11 cabins - adding balconies. 4. Addition to deck 9 Lido Restaurant - Mongolian Buffet. 5. Gym Expansion - removal of Jacuzzi* + Barber Shop; and 6. Passenger cabins bed re-arrangement (12 cabins). PLEASE NOTE: The Jacuzzi will be removed and not replaced. Therefore there will be NO more inside Jacuzzi on Carnival Valor. Gym will be similar in design and space to Carnival Spendor. Guest Accommodations: 1. Balcony doors and windows - refurbishment of stained glass guest corridors; and 2. Repair of damaged areas. Public Areas: 1. Rosie's Restaurant - floor renewal with anti-slip tiles and carpet replacement; and 2. Dance floors refurbishment. Spas & Pools: 1. Children's pool refurbishment; 2. All Swimming Pools overhauled; and 3. Polishing of the slide. Open Decks Floor and Teak Covering: 1. Renewal of net above sports deck; 2. Sport deck - floor refurbishment; and 3. Jogging track - floor refurbishment. I can't find the original website on here, but I am sure if you did a search on here you could find it! I hope this info helps.

I know this isn't a top priority but DD wants to know if there is a water slide? I couldn't see one on the pics that I have come across.

Thanks~

I uploaded a few pictures to webshots ... http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2120003340101889006cunlAy

We were on her last September and I would go again in a minute!

Enjoy!!!

Archived