Miami - What to do/see for a day?

jkeitch

Yes, they sold while it was still in Pinecrest. We lived right next door. We used to love to take our girls over to Watson Island and watch the cruise ships leave, the Chalks planes land and for awhile watch the blimps come and go. Miami was a magical place and so very beautiful. It will always be that way in my memory. My grandfather used to be 1 of the groundskeepers at Crandon Park! Used to love the kiddie rides there and the zoo was there then too. Many changes...but, then, many changes in myself too!!!

It still makes me sad. I remember walking on the beach near where the old zoo was and hearing a lion roar! Wow, you just made me think of that! I'm glad you hold on to fond memories!

We just stayed at the Double Tree Grand and were practically right at the docks for the cruise ships. You can choose a downtown or water/marina view. We got the marina view and when I woke up in the morning our ship was docked just across the bridge!! There were manatees playing in the water outside my hotel window in the marina water!

We ate at BubbaGump Shrimp down on the water. There are a bunch of shops there and a festive feeling all around. If you don't have to go far we just opted to take the free rail system instead of renting a car! I LOVED Miami. The sunrise over the bay was unforgetable.

Enjoy the picture!

Hi Cruisegetaway. I see you went on Majesty. How was it??? We're going on it for the first time in May.

Majesty was our first cruise and we loved her. She is a beautiful smaller ship with a great crew. I think you will be pleased with the time you will have while onboard. We were in a JS pretty far towards the aft something like 1578 I think and we had a great time! Deb

Majesty was our first cruise and we loved her. She is a beautiful smaller ship with a great crew. I think you will be pleased with the time you will have while onboard. We were in a JS pretty far towards the aft something like 1578 I think and we had a great time! Deb

Thank you Deb. Am looking forward to this short one. Not so much packing and not such a drive. We have a really small cabin but this time. but for 3 nights shouldn't be too bad. We're going to the keys on Sunday for a week (land) :) camping so it'll prepare us...for small spaces. I'll be out of touch all next week. No phones, no computers, no AC & hopefully NO RAIN!

Archived