Changing to anytime dining on Crown

cefh

We are booked for main (early) seating for dinner and don't want to risk losing our table for 5 by waitlisting for late seating, but we would prefer to eat later. So - I read in one of the threads that you could make a standing reservation for a table in one of the anytime dining rooms once you are on board; eg. same table every night at 7:30 for the whole cruise. If we go straight there after embarkation does that sound possible?

We are booked for main (early) seating for dinner and don't want to risk losing our table for 5 by waitlisting for late seating, but we would prefer to eat later. So - I read in one of the threads that you could make a standing reservation for a table in one of the anytime dining rooms once you are on board; eg. same table every night at 7:30 for the whole cruise. If we go straight there after embarkation does that sound possible?
No, not possible. If you wish to switch to Anytime, you can do so but you cannot make a reservation from between 6:00 - 8:00PM. During those times, i.e., 7:30PM, you'd have to do walk-up. Be aware that even with a reservation for 8:00PM or later, you could experience a wait for a table unless you're willing to share a large table with others.

When you board, you can always go to the Maitre D and explain that you have confirmed early seating but would much prefer a table in late seating. He might very well be able to switch you. Your alternative if you want to eat later than early seating is to do Anytime and possibly have waits. It's most successful for people who like to eat early so keep that in mind when you read the comments that are sure to come.

When you board, you can always go to the Maitre D and explain that you have confirmed early seating but would much prefer a table in late seating. He might very well be able to switch you.
I don't know about the larger ships, but this is certainly true of the smaller ones - Traditional Late Seating is seldom full.

Archived