How to sterilize bottles for a baby while crusing?

missbodies1177

We went in April and the water was brown in our cabin so they washed them on the Lido deck for us. They just ran them through their machine and it was fast and easy.

I tried ordering hot water from room service and it was taking a lot more water than I thought PLUS it was SO stinking hot!!

I cruised with dd at 6 mo, 8 mo at 17mo. We just packed dish soap and a bottle brush and washed the bottles out with warm water in the sink. We didn't routinely "steralize" anything at home either.

If it is necessary for your child I kind of like the ordering boiling water from room service idea. I find it hard to believe having an electirc kettle in the room is allowed. Maybe call the cruise line and ask them before hand.

Definitely you want to skip this step! Unnecessary and burdensome.

Also make sure your baby takes the bottles at room temperature before leaving.

Another vote for the Playtex.

I never found the individual packets that convenient. I found it easier to premeasure the powder into the liners ahead of time, roll them up and put them in a ziplock. While out and about, I simply added water and shook it up. Remember this trick when travelling to and from the cruise, as well as excursions.

I might be dating myself with this comment but I did google to make sure that I was still offering advice for a product that was still available. LOL

When my kids were young we had a foster home and had at least 3 kids on formula at any given time. Mind you we never stayed home ever, we were always on the go. So instead of packing 4 bottles per child I would pack one bottle per child (always color coded). To make enough formula for the day I would take the old-school Playtex liners (yeah thats what dates me, drop-ins were just created with last foster baby 4 yrs ago) I would premeasure the powdered formula into each liner and roll it up, secure it with a piece of tape and toss it into a ziploc bag. I would do this for a few days worth and toss it into the diaper bag. So when we needed a fresh bottle I would untape the rolled up liner and put it into the bottle then add some water to it.

I would have to say that if my grandchildren come in the near future and we cruise with them our plan would do the same thing and just bring 2 bottles along with us. I think this way all a person has to do is wash a nipple or two per night ... easy peasy!

Just had to add that it was funny because I went to give my old diaper bag away to a friend and found a ziploc bag of 4 lil premeasured formula 'packets' in there. Had a moment of memories then i got rid of it quickly ... no more babies for me... just sit back and wait for grandbabies!

Linda

Archived