Mother-Daughter Cruise

crewsgirl

My Daughter (age 23) & I are booked on the Crown in March during her spring break from Pharmacy School. We can't wait to enjoy a great vacation in a beautiful place without a care in the world. This will be our third cruise together as we began this tradition when my husband & son started going to Canada for a group fishing expedition in the summers.

Anybody else like to travel with young adult children? What is your favorite memory? :)

It's not a memory, but something I am excited about (but I wouldn't admit it, even though she might read it on these boards lol) is my mother and father have decided to book the same cruise as myself and my 3 friends. Yes they asked if it was okay first. But I am such a momma's girl that it kind of makes me excited for my parents to party with me. ha ha. Yes I am 25 years old and can't wait to travel with my parents......the other siblings are not so happy about it, but oh well.:D

Last year, my DH and I took our daughter (25) and her husband, and our son (23) and his wife - daughter and her husband live in PA, our son and his wife live near us in Sarasota, FL. I can't tell you what a special time it was to get them all together with no option but to spend time together! We are all very close anyway and the time we had on the Inspiration was worth every penny and more and created memories that will last a lifetime!!

We are doing it again in 25 days - for 7 days on the Victory! As long as we are blessed enough to afford it, we will take them on a cruise once a year! Now, as babies come (our son and dil have our little granddaughter who is 3 and have 1 on the way!) I know this could change - but I'll take advantage of it as long as I can!!!

Every one of the cruises that I have taken (7 so far) has been with my mother. DH and Dad had absolutely no desire to cruise, so I surprised my mom with a "birthday gift" for our first cruise in '92. DH passed away in '00, so we started taking one or two cruises each year while Dad stayed home with the "grand-cats".

Dad is gone now, but we've found another "sitter" and will be on our 8th cruise in Sept. Mom will be 80 this Monday and is still going strong. We have a great time every trip. We are not much alike - I'm more like Dad - but that might be why we get along so well. Like one earlier poster, I have a hard time keeping up with her.

I learned that you will never regret the time you spent with your loved ones, and, in the end, memories might be all you have of them for a long time. Make as many as you can.

• 1 month later...

" learned that you will never regret the time you spent with your loved ones, and, in the end, memories might be all you have of them for a long time. Make as many as you can."

That is so true. My mother and I have been going on mother/daughter trips since I was 14 years old (islands, spas, cruises, etc). I'm now 33, we go almost every year. This will be our 3rd cruise together coming up in August and I think it may be the most special yet of all our vacations because my mother had a battle of breast cancer since November and she'll be finishing her radiation next week! This cruise has kept her looking forward to something through the treatments. Prognosis is great, they caught it early, but it really mde me think about the statement the previous poster made about memories. I'm so blessed and fortunate to be able to have another trip with my mom and plan to continue to make memories with her.

My best friend and I just started this ritual last year. We booked a 3-day Disney Wonder cruise, and both took our daughters (both are 5) and mothers. What a fun all-girls cruise! We hope to continue so that someday we WILL be cruising with our adult daughters.

CeleBrat

• 2 weeks later...

I (24)wanted to plan a second cruise but none of my frrends could afford to go....the first was with teo of my girlfriends when we were all single (now one is a few states away...and the other had a baby) I was really dissapointed:( . My Mom(43) said "I'll go along" now that we are booked and counting down I wonder why I did not think of this sooner!!!!! I know my Mom and I will have a GREAT time together. We also own a daycare business together and spend 10 hours a day working side by side!!!!

We are hoping her a friends of hers that lives in Texas (we are in Iowa) and her daughter will join us as well.

I am thankfull that I realize how lucky I am to get to spend so much time with my Mother and Iam not taking one minute for granted!!!!!!!:D

I would love to take a cruise with a large number of Mother/Doughter cruisers ....maybe we could make a CC group!!!!!?

Ashley

My brother and I are in our mid to late 20's and we still travel with our parents. We've learned that the time spent together as a family is worth more than the time spent apart. We love traveling together and will continue to do so in the future. Its already a tradition but Dad keeps telling us this is the last cruise he's paying for but that was 3 cruises ago and he's still paying!

My daughter (20) and I have just returned from our "Mother/Daughter" adventure! We spent 18 days in Europe---14 Day Azamara Med Cruise w/a pre and post stay in Rome! It was a trip of a lifetime.

We started this tradition 3 years ago with a weekend in NY city (we live in NE PA)...then two years ago we went on the NCL Dawn for a week long cruise. This year was Europe.

My daughter is already planning next year's trip! I better work lots of overtime to save for something which can top Europe!

All of these trips are very special to both of us. I wish my mother and I did something like this.

Archived