How does this day sound?

FloridaLaura

I would like to hear from others on if this day seems doable, enjoyable etc. We have set up a private tour w/ Bernard for $40.00 per person (there is 9 in my family) Total of $360.00 for the day. We would like to shop in the am in Philipsburg for about 1 hour. Head over to Mullet Beach for a few hours of swimming and snorkeling. Then head over to Maho for lunch and watch a few planes land and take off. Possibly a few scenic stops on the way back to the port. We are in port from 8am-6pm I believe. Does anyone have suggestions? TIA

The big jet activity occurs late in the afternoon so plan on leaving Maho as late as possible and heading straight to the ship. The schedule won't allow sightseeing stops on the way back so do it early in the day.

I didin't find the snorkeling at Mullet very good, depending on the surf a better choice would be Dawn for snorkeling. If time allows a stop in Marigot and fort St Luis is worth a stop. The bbq at the grill at Maho is very good.

As kal said, check the flight times. Bernard will know the best route to take and what time you should head back to the ship. The traffic can get heavy at times around the resorts, and then there's the bridge

Flight schedules

http://www.bywindkal.com/SXMJets.html

The traffic can be a nightmare and the bridge can really slow things down and that is between you and the docks and it is up about 3 in the afternoon and then again around 5 I think - could be more often but have been caught by those the most. After that is bumper traffic while they all fight to get over the hill and back to Phillipsburg. The time would in part depend on how many ships are in on that day. On days when there are 4 or ships I would want to be on my way back and beyond that bridge by 3 if you are sailing at 6 because you have to get back to the ship and downtown traffic can be fierce after 5 when the shop people are leaving. Better to be back early than sweating bullets in traffic. Just an opinion.

Archived