Ecstasy review 1-12-08 part 2

tisabee

We broke into smaller groups in Progreso. Three went on the Carnival ATV tour and loved it. Two shopped on their own. Two went to Corona beach ate, drank, drank, ate, stumbled back to the ship. One went to Chichen, through Carnival, enjoyed that very much. One stayed on board, a little sea sick from the waves the night before. Four of us chose a private excursion to Los Dos cooking school in Merida with Chef David Sterling. Out package included a private car that picked us up from the end of the pier and took us into Merida. There we went to David’s beautiful school (also his home) and he gave us a brief history of Mayan cuisine and culture. He is very passionate about his job and the Mayan culture in general. He took us on a walking tour of the market, also an incredible site to behold. Then off to a beautiful 16th century Hacienda, turned Yucatecean restaurant for an amazing lunch. We would love to go back and we are trying to plan a land based trip to the area in the near future. It was truly memorable and would recommend it to anyone who is looking to do something different while in that port.

Seas were rough most of the trip but non-drowsy Dramamine did the trick for me. This was a great trip and I would book the Ecstasy again in a heartbeat. We all agreed, we must make this an annual trip.

Happy sailing to everyone!

Please invite me along next year!

Glad you enjoyed Playa Uvas, and your cooking class is something I'll be wanting to do in September when I visit Progreso on the Ecstasy!

In case anyone is interested in the cooking school, the website is here.

Belated Happy Birthday to you......or "Hoppy Bursday Two Shoes" in cruise lingo. :D

Archived