Three Beach Snorkeling Tour

potts

We did this tour in September (we were on the Carnival Liberty). It was good, but we had a few bumps in the road. First off, there ended up being a group of 20 or so (we originally booked just the 4 of us, as it was to be a small tour). We knew the other people, as it turns out they were from our home town, but we hadn't met them until we met on these boards.

First glitch, Homer was to meet us with the open air taxis (because of the number of people). His truck broke down, so he wasn't there when we met up with the taxis. We stopped up the mountain, which I guess was Drake's seat, met up with Homer. The people involved are the best and were extremely helpful. The first stop was Coki Beach/Coral World. We were split into two groups, snorkelers and Coral World. We snorkeled. We have our own equipment, but there was equipment for you if you didn't bring your own. It was okay snorkeling. It was great that we got there early. When we left, it was getting very crowded, with many snorkel groups. The guides are very good, though, so keep near them for the 'best' views.

Next stop was Secret Harbour. It's a nice beach, very private and the guests at the resort were a little standoffish, but that could be because of the size of our group. The snorkling there was murky and we didn't see as much as we would have liked. The last beach was Hull's bay and we were looking forward to the Hideway Bar being open and having lunch there. Unfortunately, the bar is closed on Tuesdays, so Homer and Friends barbequed lunch for us, and had cold sodas, water and beer available. It was a great effort on their part, and enough food, but just wasn't what we expected. Also, the locals at Hull's bay were not happy to see us and several made remarks when we went down to the beach. It was an interesting tour and the beaches were nice, but I would not do it again. It may be nice with the small amount of people they recommend (4-6) versus the group I was with. The people that guide the tour were the greatest, but in my opinion, I could have gone to any one of the beaches and snorkel on my own. We're going to St. Thomas in May and plan just to beach out for the day.

Christine

We did the 3 Beach tour with http://www.stthomasexcursions.com last May

There were only 6 in our group, and our guide told us they will only take 8 per guide/group, so Christines might have been out of normal

when we were at Coki we snorkeled 1st, then did the coral World (to avoid the crowds arriving)

We all had a blast, and the guides were a lot of fun, and seemed to enjoy what they were doing, we never felt uncomfortable at all from the locals at Hullbay, it may have been because we were in a small group.

would we do the excursion again?, no, been there done that

would we use the company again for another tour?, definitely!!, we just booked a private sail boat with them for April

Yes, ours was out of the norm. I had originally booked it for 4, but then the people on the roll call wanted to go, and I was surprised that they were able to book with us. Because of the size of the group, we did get the choice to do one or the other. We could have spent some time in Coral World and then snorkel, but we wanted to spend more time snorkelling. The guides were great.

Mountain top is different than Drake's seat, I believe, but can't say for sure. When we stopped at the top (not at mountain top) and met up with Homer, it was a great view, but was never made clear if it was Drake's seat or not.

Is Drake's Seat the same as the "Mountain Top?"

Both offer views of Magens Bay however they are not the same place. Drake's Seat is on the side of a mountain, its a lookout point along the road. Mountain Top is at the top of a mountain has shops, bar, lookout.

--Islander

Archived