Dawn Question

RODM87

I know that on the Princess site, it shows MUTS on the deck plans page. But I was on the Dawn last week. There was no MUTS.:(

Both the Dawn and the Sun Princess have the same deck plans, but the Sun is the only one to have Movies Under the Stars. Gee, if they are "twin" ships, you'd think they would have the same features :rolleyes:

Both the Dawn and the Sun Princess have the same deck plans, but the Sun is the only one to have Movies Under the Stars. Gee, if they are "twin" ships, you'd think they would have the same features :rolleyes:

The MUTS on the Sun was added at a later time. So for a long time the Dawn and Sun were "twins". Princess made the decision not to retrofit all ships, especially those plying the colder or cooler climates.

We were on the Grand (which has MUTS) in the Med / Greek Isles in Oct. The evening temps were not very MUTS friendly so it was virtually unused during our cruise.

Sea Princess, the third of the Sun Class quadruplets is the only Sun Class ship with MUTS. Ocean Princess, the fourth of the four, was transferred to P&O before MUTS came out, Sun and Dawn Princess were never retrofitted with MUTS. Unfortunately, the deck plans on the Princess website are incorrect and show MUTS on Dawn Princess.

The Sun Class ships are not appropriate for MUTS - they have no alternate pool where you can get away from the contraption. Even though they supply headsets for the sound, one would still have to look at the thing if one wanted to spend time by the pool. There are other Princess ships with the "feature" as well as Carnival and Disney ships.

Onboard where do you go to order flowers?

This is off topic but when I was on the Diamond there was a table setup throughout the day near the photo area. Limited hours.

The Purser's Desk also had a form that was put in a drop box. I did the form and everything worked out but for my Dawn trip will look for the table to order with a person.

Archived