Chops/Portofino Question

melgray13

Ok, here a question - is it one item per category - 1 app, 1 entree, 1 side, 1 dessert or is it like the main dining room - you are able to order what you like?

Thanks!

At Chops:

You can order multiple appetizers but if you want to order more than 1 entree there is an additional charge of $10.00 - my husband thought he'd try a filet & the halibut and they told him about the additional charge. However, we both ordered shrimp cocktail & crab cake as our appetizers.

At Chops:

You can order multiple appetizers but if you want to order more than 1 entree there is an additional charge of $10.00 - my husband thought he'd try a filet & the halibut and they told him about the additional charge. However, we both ordered shrimp cocktail & crab cake as our appetizers.

It might depend on the ship, I wanted surf and turf and they let me order both and no extra charge.

At Chops:

Our table of 4 likewise wanted to order a 5th entree to share and sample, and were told there would be a $10 additional charge, also at Chops on the Enchantment, back in 2006.

At a table for 3 in Chops on Radiance, a month earlier in Jan. 2006, however, we were not charged an additional fee for a 4th entree, again, to share and sample. That was not a smooth transaction, however, as the waiter took the order/request w/o blinking an eye, then it was never brought, so when we asked as a follow up, we then had the restaurant manager come out to confirm that we had ordered this item and acted somewhat put out, and then when it came it was not cooked properly...so that did not turn out to be a great experience. If they had an additional charge policy they should just have said something, I'd have understood.

Nevertheless, in that same Chops on a return visit later in 2006 I did ask for a piece of plain cheesecake as the only one on the Chops menu was flavored with either amaretto or mocha, I forget which, but it was a flavor I do not like, and they were very good about tracking down a piece of plain cheesecake for me from another restaurant on the ship.

(Overall, though, we've preferred the filet in Portofino to the Chops filet; still, nice selections and we'll go to Chops on the Mariner this coming March).

We were overwhelmed and confused about the abundance of appetizers on the menu plus the pastas and entrees at Portofino. Our waiter cleared everything up. He said, "We recommend ordering a cold appetizer, a hot appetizer, a pasta, an entree and a dessert."

Archived