Smoking on the starboard side

Hotfire

Our last cruise was on Valor. It seemed to me that on Lido Deck the tables on the starboard side were smoking and the tables on the port side were non-smoking. Does this sound correct? I was not able to get a definitive answer while on board. If this is correct, is this policy consistent with all Carnival ships?

Thanks!

Hotfire

Is this for the outside areas only? I hope there's no smoking in any part of the eating areas...

There is no smoking inside in the eating areas on Lido or formal dining room.

Lido has the outside area by the pool that is suppose to be smoking on the Starboard side and nonsmoking on the port side.

I am going to assume that it is starboard on all the ships as the smoking side since that is the smoking side for the crew. I would think changing it from side to side on different ships would be confusing for them.

is why there are ashtrays all OVER both sides of the ship, if one side is non smoking?

Because the smokers who don't care move the ashtrays where they want.

I have trouble finding an ashtray, no matter which side of the ship I'm on.

On some ships at least, the capers says all dining areas are non-smoking, not indoor dining areas. Those outdoor tables with silverware and ketchup bottles are dining areas, no matter what side they're on.

If they are outside by the lido they will be smoking on the starboard side.. no matter if they have ketchup bottles or not;)

On Victory last month, smoking at the rear pool was on the port side, near the bar and pizzeria and AT the bar.:confused:

On both Valor and Triumph. I HIGHLY doubt they'd have a non smoking bar, outside. And it doesn't make sense to have it smoking for port, only at the bar. Come to think of it, the starboard bars of both ships near the main pools both had ashtrays on them.

Although in check Capers from Miracle, Triumph and Valor, all do state starboard side of "open air decks" are smoking.

The point i was trying to make was that the smoking area on Victory was on the PORT side, not starboard. I also went through all my Capers and not once was it mentioned which side was for smoking, only that it was not allowed in dining roms and public rooms and then only in 1 days Capers out of 7.:confused:

I was just on the Triumph last week and the starboard side of the Lido deck was for smokers. The one thing I have noticed is that the smokers side is always crowded and even non smokers sit on the starboard side.

If they are outside by the lido they will be smoking on the starboard side.. no matter if they have ketchup bottles or not;)

Actually, the victory capers made no mention of smoking port or starboard and there were no ashtrays on the tables. Smoking was prohibited in dining areas. Not dining rooms. Those tables are dining areas.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2561197040045407620VfqVIV

Our last cruise was on Valor. It seemed to me that on Lido Deck the tables on the starboard side were smoking and the tables on the port side were non-smoking. Does this sound correct? I was not able to get a definitive answer while on board. If this is correct, is this policy consistent with all Carnival ships?

Thanks!

Hotfire

Yep...smoke anything you got on the starboard side. If someone gets upset about it...tell them the port side is nonsmoking and you would like it if they moved over there......:D :D

Archived