Spirit Inside 6035, 6535--whats the catch?

SMNYCruise

It might be because only the inside cabins can hold 4 people on the Spirit. The OV, Bal, and Suites can hold up to three people only.

I ran into the same thing on the Sun where my IS cabin was larger than the balcony ones.

Dave

I was in cabin 6035 with one other person. It was so huge in comparison to other inside NCL cabins which I've stayed in which you had to wiggle your way around the beds to get to the bathroom and closet. The twin beds were split one on each wall and there was still enough room for at least 2 other beds between the two twins. There was also a sofa that could open to another bed. The pictures posted above do not do it justice. Sorry, I don't have a picture. Also, did not experience any unusual noises from elevators, etc. The bathroom is regular NCL size so don't expect more room there. The cabin is square.

Looks like cabins 6035 and 6535 are hugh. 200 square feet and still the cheaper category KK. I realize that being near the elevator and stairs might be noisy at times but is there any other problems with these cabins? Anyone have pictures?

All of the cabins in that wing near the stairs are big 10031, 9051, 6035, 5035 and also the cabins on the other side. We stayed in 10031 with 4 people and had lots of room. We thought 10031 was big until we took a look at 6035 at the end of the cruise (Huge) You do hear some noise from the stairs but I thing it is well worth it for the larger room.

We were in one of the larger inside cabins. It is much bigger then any inside, outside, or balcony cabins. There is a chair that opens into a bed as well as two bunks. the only problem is that you do hear stair noise. In my opinion, I would deal with the noise and get the bigger cabin. We actually left our luggage out the whole trip instead of storing it under the bed- that is how much room we had.

I am cruising on the Dawn in April. I looked to see if any of these large rooms were available. There was one available but they would not let me select that room because it was "Reserved for Handicapped". I guess with a different travel agent I might have gotten them to book the room. They same NCL would not let them unless someone qualified. Oh well, 4 in a small cabin. We will survive.

hey joyce15, Here's the deal............. we are floating out 03/23/08 on the Spirit. We have (3) cabins,6555,6561,&6565 in our group, but were offered these cabins (6535&6035) by our TA. She went on to explain that these rooms are in fact HUGE!! the "catch" is that the rooms are by the stairs and the elevators,which means NOISE all hours of the night !! It also means that days @ port you get all the traffic waiting to get off outside your doors, and it also means that the traffic from the Garden Room Rest. passes through your hallway !! Needless to say we passed on these rooms, they just wasn't for us:(

Gordon, if I read that correctly, room 6535 is 200 square feet? But the noise is bit louder?

We're in 6535 on the Spirit. Looking forward to it.

I can't hear well and my wife wears earplugs, so it could work out well for us!

thanks Gordon!

MN-CZ

Edit: I just read your link and looked at your pictures of 6535... We really lucked out! Thanks for the heads up Gordon.

hey joyce15, Here's the deal............. we are floating out 03/23/08 on the Spirit. We have (3) cabins,6555,6561,&6565 in our group, but were offered these cabins (6535&6035) by our TA. She went on to explain that these rooms are in fact HUGE!! the "catch" is that the rooms are by the stairs and the elevators,which means NOISE all hours of the night !! It also means that days @ port you get all the traffic waiting to get off outside your doors, and it also means that the traffic from the Garden Room Rest. passes through your hallway !! Needless to say we passed on these rooms, they just wasn't for us:(

we stayed in a room like this and we never heard the elevators or alot of noise.

So you didn't actually stay in these cabins?

From what I understand you cannot access the dining room directly from deck 6 -you have to, for instance, go up 1 deck then walk a ways then back down to the dining room on 6.

Where is Gordon fisherman's link with pictures?

I was in 10611 on the Spirit, and it was maybe bigger than my parents balcony across the hall. Loved the room and all the space. I think you should get the bigger room!!!!!

We have 10611 as one of our rooms on our upcoming Spirit cruise next month. Did you notice any problem with noise from the stairs? We also have a balcony just accross the hall (10608).

Hi klct39lg ! I'm sorry I don't have any pics nor have I stayed in any of these rooms, but I do have the 08'-09' NCL Freestyle Cruising mag. from our TA. It has been very helpful, you should be able to get one from a TA office for free :). My TA has stayed in these rooms and said it gets very BUSY outside these rooms @ dinner times and port days, not to mention the noise!! She talked us out of these two rooms .

on deck 6, you can't get from one end to the other. from the cabins, you have to go up to deck 7 and back down. no traffic from the restaurants, no through passageway.

on port days, the gangway is on deck 4...there is no gangway on deck 6. no traffic from that either.the only elevator noise will be from people getting off on that deck to go to their rooms. the cabins are across the hall from the elevators. i could see where they MIGHT be some noise from people using the stairs on port day...

other then waiting for the elevators...since you can only access the one set, i see the size of the room as an asset.

We have 10611 as one of our rooms on our upcoming Spirit cruise next month. Did you notice any problem with noise from the stairs? We also have a balcony just accross the hall (10608).

No noise at all. My Mom and Dad had 10608. Nice room too. Bring some sort of magnet to put on your door so you know which way to turn each time. We had a Cubs magnet and everyone thanked us because they knew which way to turn without thinking. I loved the location being so close to the elevators. If you have kids the kids crew is just right down the hall. Wait til you see how big 10611 is. It is bigger than the balcony! Have a great time!!!!!

No noise at all. My Mom and Dad had 10608. Nice room too. Bring some sort of magnet to put on your door so you know which way to turn each time. We had a Cubs magnet and everyone thanked us because they knew which way to turn without thinking. I loved the location being so close to the elevators. If you have kids the kids crew is just right down the hall. Wait til you see how big 10611 is. It is bigger than the balcony! Have a great time!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

We were in 6535 last week on the Spirit. What a pleasant surprise when we opened the cabin door for the first time!! Our family of 4 was also able to leave all our luggage out, have a fridge, and still room to all be in the room together very comfortably. Some stair noise from kids running the stairs. No biggie. Heard that maybe a total of 5 times. Traffic is not an issue at all. Loved it!

Archived