Scuba diving on Half Moon Cay

Orcrone

My wife and were there in February and I considered a dive but thought the one(1) tank price was high. If your itineray includes Dominica that would be my choice. The water is "Gin" clear and there are interesting walls to explore.

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

today i got asked to go on a late may, eastern sailing for the hal zuiderdam - so any feedback to this question interests me as well. i'm already researching diving at the other stops (stt, road town... i'll again be a loyal stuart cove diver in nassau) but am wondering whether to dive or do something else on their private island.

tia. :)

thanks much, marc. interesting reading there... i wouldn't have expected to hear anybody raving over it. now all i have to decide is whether it's worth $69 for one tank (altho, at 40', unless they force you to surface after 30-40min, it could be quite a lengthy dive).

it'll be interesting to follow that thread as others go there, return, and post their thoughts.

thanks again.

I don't think they'll give a lot of bottom time. According to divinggirl, the shallowest dive is the last one. So even if you can get a lot of bottom time the dive master has already been down once or twice and has some nitrogen loading. I would still figure at least 45 minutes. For $69 they should give you a 3000 pound tank and let you have fun.;)

• 9 years later...

Hi to Cruise Critic,

I am John W. Hatley and I am coming down to Half Moon Cay,The Bahamas and I will be in for the day on Thursday August 28,2014 On the Cruise ship

The Carnival Pride from 9:00am until 5:00pm. I would like to schedule some Scuba Diving for that day at least 2 dives. I would like to find out what the cost would be and what time to start the dives.Thank You for your help. Please get back to me. John W. Hatley, My Email Address is:

hatleyjohnw@yahoo.com

Hi, John Hatley, it appears you have pulled up a very old thread.

Carnival does not offer SCUBA at Half Moon Cay, and I don't believe HAL does either anymore. It's a shame, that water is amazing, but as a private island there are no outside vendors and I'm sure the compressors, or hauling in tanks daily were not cost effective.

We were just on Pride a couple of weeks ago on this itinerary. Definately dive GT and Freeport, and enjoy the day relaxing at HMC.