Metromover in Miami

Julie88

My husband and I are staying at the Sheraton Biscayne bay at the end of the month the night before our cruise. My question is: How safe is riding the metromover? We were thinking about taking it to Bayside since it's free to ride.

Julie:)

I think it's a personal choice.

My wife and I did it and didn't have any problems... felt less safe walking the 1 1/2 blocks from the people mover stop to Bayside than i did on the monorail itself.

I'd use it again, but could certainly understand those that aren't comfortable doing so. If you're the least bit concerned it's only a few dollar cab ride and probably not worth the trouble being concerned about it.

Another suggestion is to ask the conceirge at the hotel if it's safe to use or not... they would know best if there have recently been any issues/problems.

My husband and I are staying at the Sheraton Biscayne bay at the end of the month the night before our cruise. My question is: How safe is riding the metromover? We were thinking about taking it to Bayside since it's free to ride.

To get to the metromover, you have to head across the bridge and across the street from the Hyatt. At that point you may as well walk to Bayside. I have done it many times from the Hyatt as well as the Sheraton.

Julie:)

The metromover itself is safe. As we saw marshalls very often on most stations and in the trains, we had no worries. The walk to and from the station depending which you choose to hop on/off could feel a bit tricky but we did it anyway.

It's up to you. We felt less comfy in New York.

We stayed at the Hyatt, Sheraton and Doubletree and used it on all occations.

Enjoy.

Roland.

I guess we were not as adventurous...stayed at the Hyatt in March 2003 and the front desk tried to explain to us how to the metromover to Bayside. It sounded complicated and wasn't too thrilled about using it but maybe if we had have taken it once,we would have been fine. Walked to Bayside during the daylight but took a taxi ($3) from Bayside to the Hyatt. No problem!

Archived