Are kids cheaper?

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Kids use different resources than adults, but I wouldn't necessarily say less. Sure kids don't drink and gamble, but lots of adults don't either and those adults don't go to Camp Carnival either. Some adults and kids alike will order a standard meal in the dining room and leave the plate pretty much full, wasting the food (no judgement there, that's just the way it is! I think more of us should eat less, me especially! :D ). Adults that are cruising don't typically have diapers to be dealt with. It's just different, not necessarily more or less. I've raised 5 kids and can't tell you how many times I have gone around behind them turning off lights, shutting the water the rest of the way off, etc. But their kids, that is just part of the bargain. Then again, all these things cost the cruise line money. And in truth I know some adults that are no more responsible than kids and probably leave the lights on too! I'm just making generalizations, which may or may not be fair, but that's how it is. The cruise lines set and adjust their prices based on research they do on their line. If they think it's fair, then you either need to leave the kids at home or pick a different line. Not trying to be mean, but that really is what it comes down to. When my kids were small I could never have afforded to take them on a cruise, heck at that point I couldn't afford to even think about cruiseing with OR without them, but if you can afford it, I think it is a great experience for them! When my grandkids get a little older, maybe we will take them on some cruises with us.

Archived