Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Maybe you all can help us! We are booking a cruise in late June. Our travel agent gave us the option of a few different cabins. They will be extended balcony cabins on the Verandah deck and we are a family of four (two boys ages 3 and 6). The options were

7191, 7176, 7189, 7174, 7185 and 7256

My first inclination was to book room # 7191. I see there are no interior rooms in the middle there. Anyone know what is there? Is there an open space there or something like a ice machine or something that could be annoying? Just trying to avoid a noisy room location

The last one is farther back on the ship, but closer to a bank of elevators (as some have said is better). Since it is our boys first cruise I was thinking mid ship is better as there would be less motion if they possibly ended up with motion sickness. My other concern with 7256 is the possible engine vibration factor that is suggested on the choosing a cabin section. Is this a concern when one is in a cabin that high up? My husband is quite sensitive to large trucks going by on the street behind our home etc.... would we have issues in that location??

Thanks in advance for any advise you have to offer!

~Tondi

Maybe you all can help us! We are booking a cruise in late June. Our travel agent gave us the option of a few different cabins. They will be extended balcony cabins on the Verandah deck and we are a family of four (two boys ages 3 and 6). The options were

7191, 7176, 7189, 7174, 7185 and 7256

My first inclination was to book room # 7191. I see there are no interior rooms in the middle there. Anyone know what is there? Is there an open space there or something like a ice machine or something that could be annoying? Just trying to avoid a noisy room location

The last one is farther back on the ship, but closer to a bank of elevators (as some have said is better). Since it is our boys first cruise I was thinking mid ship is better as there would be less motion if they possibly ended up with motion sickness. My other concern with 7256 is the possible engine vibration factor that is suggested on the choosing a cabin section. Is this a concern when one is in a cabin that high up? My husband is quite sensitive to large trucks going by on the street behind our home etc.... would we have issues in that location??

Thanks in advance for any advise you have to offer!

~Tondi

First off this is a great deck to be choosing! It is between two cabin floors which will help with noise. If it were me choosing a cabin out of the ones you suggested, I would first choose 7174 or 7185. You always want to book a cabin that has a cabin across from yours. Cabin # 7191 probably has an utility closet acoss from it. You wouldn't want that. It could end up being very noisy. I have found that booking cabins in the rear of the ship does have more vibration than in the middle. (some may say differ) Good luck and have a great cruise!:)

Hello All:

Great thread:

I am looking forward to going on the Pride on March 23. I even ordered t-shirts for our family(on Carnival.com) I get to see the Carnival Pride sail away most Sundays as I go to work on the Queen Mary. So in a way the ship has been taunting me for years.... Co-workers have gone and really liked this ship. I am looking forward to it.

Tom in Long Beach....

My long beach connection! What is the best Best Western to stay at that has shuttle to pier? What is the best shuttle service to get to the hotel from LAX. We have one night in port, so what's not to miss and best place for dinner? Thanks and have fun on the pride!

Hello All:

Great thread:

I am looking forward to going on the Pride on March 23. I even ordered t-shirts for our family(on Carnival.com) I get to see the Carnival Pride sail away most Sundays as I go to work on the Queen Mary. So in a way the ship has been taunting me for years.... Co-workers have gone and really liked this ship. I am looking forward to it.

Tom in Long Beach....

First off this is a great deck to be choosing! It is between two cabin floors which will help with noise. If it were me choosing a cabin out of the ones you suggested, I would first choose 7174 or 7185. You always want to book a cabin that has a cabin across from yours. Cabin # 7191 probably has an utility closet acoss from it. You wouldn't want that. It could end up being very noisy. I have found that booking cabins in the rear of the ship does have more vibration than in the middle. (some may say differ) Good luck and have a great cruise!:)

Thank you SO much Sherrie I really do appreciate it! A couple of people suggested the cabin farther back since it was close to the elevators and the dining room as well I think but having heard about the vibration factor I was hesitant. Thanks for your advise... it's just what we were hoping to hear! I think we'll be calling the Carnival agent tomorrow to book something!

~Tondi

Does anyone know if they close the retractable roof over the pool during the cold days. I know the Pride has one, but have read elsewhere that it

wasn't closed during their cruise, and even read somewhere that it is always broken???

Also heard that the slide is closed indefinintely due to some problem with the speed of people coming down and getting hurt, that it needs to be totally rebuilt? That sounded kind of crazy to me, anyone know about this???

I have read about sushi being available, but one post said something about in the buffett area and somewhere else I read it was in the evening outside a bar???

Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know if they close the retractable roof over the pool during the cold days. I know the Pride has one, but have read elsewhere that it

wasn't closed during their cruise, and even read somewhere that it is always broken???

Also heard that the slide is closed indefinintely due to some problem with the speed of people coming down and getting hurt, that it needs to be totally rebuilt? That sounded kind of crazy to me, anyone know about this???

I have read about sushi being available, but one post said something about in the buffett area and somewhere else I read it was in the evening outside a bar???

Thanks for any info.

pjinaz, we were on the Pride in January so I'll be happy to answer your questions.

1. Yes, the retractable roof opens and closes.......and yes, they closed it when it was chilly and opened it when it warmed up. It's definitely not 'always broken'. It's pretty neat to watch, so if you see it moving...check it out.

2. As of January 13, 2008 the waterslide was definitely working fine. On our cruise the slide was open every day, except the last day (due to high winds). If anyone got hurt on the slide on our cruise, we didn't hear about it.

3. There is a sushi bar on the Pride. It's outside the sports bar & karaoke bar on deck 2. It looked like more of a little portable pushcart but it never moved while we were on the cruise. There was always a line and from what I heard, it was delicious.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

I am sailing with a group of 17 ladies on April 20th. We have been gathering info and would like to share it with other Pride cruiser's. :D

Recent menu's from the Pride :D

Menus - Dining Room - Breakfast & Lunch

Menus - Dining Room - Dinner

Bar menu

Recent Pride Capers :D

Feb 3-10, 2008 Carnival Pride Capers, zydecocruiser

And here is some other info that we have gathered :D

If you'd like to have your balcony partition opened up with the person next to you, go to the pursor's office and ask as soon as you get on the ship. They only allow so many of them opened and your room steward cannot do this without an OK from the pursor.

You can order a bottle of booze ahead of time and it will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin. Call Carnival at 1-800-522-7648 and then push 1 when you start to hear the recording.

Buy your internet minutes on the first day and you'll get 20 minutes FREE.

If you plan on gambling and are a first time cruiser, sign up for the Ocean's Player Club on the ship before you gamble. If you are a past Carnival guest, you can go to this website and sign up ahead of time and they will send chocolate covered strawberries and a free photo coupon to your cabin.

http://www.oceanplayersclub.com/

texwildflower 2002:

Sorry for the delay in reponding to your questions.

I always stay at Best Western, just not in Long Beach.:D

The Best western closest to the pier ( Atlantic Ave) is not in the greatest area. It is safe, just not pretty. There is also one on PCH several miles (south) away much nicer area. I have no idea about shuttles as I usually con some friend into taking me to the airport LAX, or I use Long Beach airport.

Sir Winston's on the Queen Mary is very nice, it is dressy and $$$.

(no Jeans sneakers etc.)It would be memorable. You could ask for my station, unless I have a large contract party.

Also the Chelsea seafood on QM is nice $$. Also the Prom Cafe $ on QM is fun.

There are also lots of cool chain places downtown. This would be "Shore line Village" and "The Pike" areas. I have been told the Sky Room $$$ at the Breakers Hotel is excellent but have not eaten there.

I hope this is helpful...

All for now, Tom

texwildflower 2002:

Sorry for the delay in reponding to your questions.

I always stay at Best Western, just not in Long Beach.:D

The Best western closest to the pier ( Atlantic Ave) is not in the greatest area. It is safe, just not pretty. There is also one on PCH several miles (south) away much nicer area. I have no idea about shuttles as I usually con some friend into taking me to the airport LAX, or I use Long Beach airport.

Sir Winston's on the Queen Mary is very nice, it is dressy and $$$.

(no Jeans sneakers etc.)It would be memorable. You could ask for my station, unless I have a large contract party.

Also the Chelsea seafood on QM is nice $$. Also the Prom Cafe $ on QM is fun.

There are also lots of cool chain places downtown. This would be "Shore line Village" and "The Pike" areas. I have been told the Sky Room $$$ at the Breakers Hotel is excellent but have not eaten there.

I hope this is helpful...

All for now, Tom

We only stay in BW also! They are so consistant with their rooms. I booked the one in long beach as it had a shuttle to the pier. I also heard the area wasn't very nice, but that it is easy to take the blue line to get around. We are definate not going to lounging around the hotel. I will however check out the other one and see what it has to offer. Sir Winston's sounds nice (if I can talk DH into dressing up)! If we go for dinner, I will definately ask for you! I got a heads up for the shuttle from someone else. I am however, nnot sure what you mean by chain places downtown? Are these entertainment areas? Thanks for all your advice-I appreciate it!

Stanford girl- Thanks sooooooooooo much for the load of imformation! We just play the slots, but took your advice and signed up for OPC to get the treats!

Thank you SO much Sherrie I really do appreciate it! A couple of people suggested the cabin farther back since it was close to the elevators and the dining room as well I think but having heard about the vibration factor I was hesitant. Thanks for your advise... it's just what we were hoping to hear! I think we'll be calling the Carnival agent tomorrow to book something!

~Tondi

Hello MnAsMom,

We just stayed in room 7176 for the 27 Jan to 3 Feb 08 cruise and it was wonderful. There is nothing across the hall, and no noise. It was a great room. I loved the balcony. Bring the bungee cord to keep the door open, or just use the doorstop and stick it in the hinge. No worries with that room at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious to know if they offer the baggae option where you pay $15pp for 2 bags and you get boarding passes and you put your luggage out the night before debarkment and you do not see it again until your home airport.

Anyone who is going in the near future please post whether you see this is an option. I have a website you can look at and it states it is available but recently was told by someone who was on the ship that it was not available. Please post if you have any information about the being offered.

I am curious to know if they offer the baggae option where you pay $15pp for 2 bags and you get boarding passes and you put your luggage out the night before debarkment and you do not see it again until your home airport.

Anyone who is going in the near future please post whether you see this is an option. I have a website you can look at and it states it is available but recently was told by someone who was on the ship that it was not available. Please post if you have any information about the being offered.

We were on the 2/10/08 sailing and this was not an option. I would have jumped on it for sure..however, that being said, the warehouse for the bags was well organized and we found all our luggage quite easily..:p

We were on the 2/10/08 sailing and this was not an option. I would have jumped on it for sure..however, that being said, the warehouse for the bags was well organized and we found all our luggage quite easily..:p

That is nice. We have a 12:30 flight time and I am trying to figure out the best way to do my bags. I have been told that the sailing prior to you was not as lucky with their bags.

Does anyone know how much it costs to print your boarding passes. Or better yet, how much did it cost you to print your boarding passes? Due to internet server issues it would depend on speed and capacity at time of going on line to print.

By chain places, I meant places to eat. Chiles, PF Changs, Islands, Bubba Gumps, Safe and boring...

Tom in Long Beach

I have 25 days to go, Woo Hoo...

Hey Tom in Long Beach. Lucky you to live so close!!

Now I would love to see a PF Changs. Yummy!!

Hey Y'all. Quick question. I have seen numerous posting concerning the 'noise' factor on the level 8 rooms on the Carnival Pride. Has anyone had any positive esperiences on level 8, or should I just opt for a level 7 to be on the safe side?

If you have printed your flight home boarding pass while on the ship, how much did it cost you. I have had a terrible experience in a busy airport once and will be flying out of LAX and want to print my boarding pass on the ship.

I would rather pay the cost on the ship than wait in line at the airport.

I do realize the cost is up to the speed of the internet at the time I go to print, thus the whole reason I worded my question the way I did.

Thanks a head of time for any answer of pricing I may received.

Hi all, great thread here on the Pride. We are sailing on her Nov 9th. Im starting to worry a bit about the cabin we booked though, we booked an extended balcony on the panorama deck, just wondering if it might be too noisey with the Lido right over us, any past cruisers that had a cabin on the panorama deck ? Any problems?

Bonnie

Jsme--wish I could tell you how much is costs to print boarding passes. We were on the Feb 3-10 cruise and when many of us went to use internet the last night of cruise it was shut down. Never reopened. I would suggest you start checking as soon as it is exactly 24 hours out. Don't know about printing times, but the internet was just as slow as everyone says it is. I've never understood how the TV channels work fine and now you can use cell phones, but the internet still crawls along. Makes you wonder.

Hi all, great thread here on the Pride. We are sailing on her Nov 9th. Im starting to worry a bit about the cabin we booked though, we booked an extended balcony on the panorama deck, just wondering if it might be too noisey with the Lido right over us, any past cruisers that had a cabin on the panorama deck ? Any problems?

Bonnie

Hey Bonnie we are going the week before you.:p

Jsme--wish I could tell you how much is costs to print boarding passes. We were on the Feb 3-10 cruise and when many of us went to use internet the last night of cruise it was shut down. Never reopened. I would suggest you start checking as soon as it is exactly 24 hours out. Don't know about printing times, but the internet was just as slow as everyone says it is. I've never understood how the TV channels work fine and now you can use cell phones, but the internet still crawls along. Makes you wonder.

Yes it does make you wonder. I had heard that sailing had a few days with the internet not being available.

I am willing to pay up to $20, for me that would be worth it. But over that I would be a bit ticked but heck once you start doing it you are pretty much tied into it. lol

If you are worried about not being able to print your boarding passes on the cruise ship don't worry. MOST airlines will let you can check in online without actually printing (with some you may need to select print for it to complete the check in) and then pick up your boarding passes when you check your luggage at the airport. You just tell the airport personnel you need to reprint. This way, you can have some very trusted someone at home check in for you. We have done this many times and it works fine.

We have these same worries also, plus we have an aft cabin. Can't seem to find a pic of a regular aft, only the wrap arounds. Any help here?

Bonnie

Archived