Pride thread only

pkrchkr

Hey Y'all. Quick question. I have seen numerous posting concerning the 'noise' factor on the level 8 rooms on the Carnival Pride. Has anyone had any positive esperiences on level 8, or should I just opt for a level 7 to be on the safe side?

It all depends on how much of a light or heavy sleeper you are. I was on deck 8 on the Pride and you do hear the shuffling of chair and such in the morning. I mean it is not totally annoying but it all depends. I will be sailing on the Pride again in April and took deck 6 this time around.

Hi there! First time cruise is with my wife to be in early August around the Mexican rivera. We're staying around 8182, according to the TA this should be a nice room. She said it shouldn't be too rocky since it's amidships, any confirmation on that? And how about noise from the upper deck? Thanks and looking forward to going!!

Anyone have any pics of these? Thinking of booking for may, and want to try an aft balcony. Any advice or sugesstions? Thanks!

I too would be interested in seeing pics of an aft balcony (not wrap around). We got an aft balcony on the Empress Deck for our cruise in April. If ya got pics of these, please post'em! Many thanks!

Hi all, great thread here on the Pride. We are sailing on her Nov 9th. Im starting to worry a bit about the cabin we booked though, we booked an extended balcony on the panorama deck, just wondering if it might be too noisey with the Lido right over us, any past cruisers that had a cabin on the panorama deck ? Any problems?

Bonnie

The Pride was our very first cruise and we were on the panorama deck. We heard lots of chair dragging early in the morning. I am not a heavy sleeper, so it was quiet bother some. When we sailed on the Spirit a few months a go, they were offer a free upgrade to that deck and we turned it down.

It all depends on how much of a light or heavy sleeper you are. I was on deck 8 on the Pride and you do hear the shuffling of chair and such in the morning. I mean it is not totally annoying but it all depends. I will be sailing on the Pride again in April and took deck 6 this time around.

Thanks for the response, Omar. My DH is a rather heavy sleeper. Marines can sleep anywhere I guess, so I should be fine, too. As long as it starts when I'm already asleep, I should be fine.

How did everyone enjoy the extended balcony, if you had one....Is it worth it?

Is the Panorama deck pretty convenient to all of the places you want to end up in on the ship?

Thanks for the response, Omar. My DH is a rather heavy sleeper. Marines can sleep anywhere I guess, so I should be fine, too. As long as it starts when I'm already asleep, I should be fine.

How did everyone enjoy the extended balcony, if you had one....Is it worth it?

Is the Panorama deck pretty convenient to all of the places you want to end up in on the ship?

We were in cabin # 8176 which was an extended balcony and it was great. It was more twords the middle of the ship. The location was great cause Mermaid's Grill and the pool and bars were just one deck up. You will have a blast. The Pride is a great ship and the staff was fabulous. Let me know if you or anybody has any questions.

Thanks for the responses regarding the extended balcony/ noise question . LOL funny thing is when i told my husband that we were getting an extended baclony, he was like " yeah we had one on the Legend" . I honestly didnt know we had one on the Legend, and we've had several balconies before, I really dont remember it being that much bigger. Guess Im not too observent. LOL.

Bonnie

Was curious about the success rate of people bringing alcohol on board the Pride? Who has done it and gotten away with it? And who has had the misfortune of getting caught.

We have never had a problem bringing booze onto the ship. My wife and I, and a group of 23 other people sailed on the Pride 2/17-2//24. I brought a liter of Whiskey and 18 beers and my wife brought a liter of Tequila onboard, with no issues. We always buy the booze the night before the cruise, pack it securely into our suitcases, and put locks on the suitcases. Never, never try and hand carry it onboard during embarkation. In fact, while in Puerto Vallarta I added to my beer supply with 2 six-packs, and was able to hand carry that onboard with a little creative chatter with the "Liquor lady". That was as close, after 6 cruises, we have come to having our booze confiscated.

Ctrain246

Hey C train , cesare if Im not mistaken. We were on the Legend a few years ago for the Thanksgiving cruise , unless Im mistaken. Anyway how did you like the Mexican Riveria itin ? I was a bit worried I may not like it, any must sees? Or favorites?

Hope all is well.

Bonnie

What are some of the hotels close by?

I have found a few. We had thought about the QM, Coast, Best Western and Comfort Inn & Suites at Long Beach.

We were on the Pride in October 07. This was our 3rd cruise. Each time we stayed at the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro. It's a beautiful Hotel and your allowed to keep your car parked in there parking lot for free and they shuttle you to the ship for free. You would just give the driver a tip.

I haven't heard any good things about the Queen Mary. I've heard it's dirty and needs alot of repairing. :)

Thanks for the responses regarding the extended balcony/ noise question . LOL funny thing is when i told my husband that we were getting an extended baclony, he was like " yeah we had one on the Legend" . I honestly didnt know we had one on the Legend, and we've had several balconies before, I really dont remember it being that much bigger. Guess Im not too observent. LOL.

Bonnie

Bonnie, You are observant. We had an extended balcony on the Pride also cabin 8157 on the Panorama deck. I was expecting this bigger balcony compared to the regular ones and honestly I didn't notice a difference either. It looked like a regular size to me. Maybe it was just a bit wider if even. Actually we didn't really care what size it was. We had a balcony, and It was just awesome to sit out there and see the beauty of the ocean. Once you have a balcony it's hard to go back to not having one. To me there's no other way to cruise.

Debbie :)

Hi all, great thread here on the Pride. We are sailing on her Nov 9th. Im starting to worry a bit about the cabin we booked though, we booked an extended balcony on the panorama deck, just wondering if it might be too noisey with the Lido right over us, any past cruisers that had a cabin on the panorama deck ? Any problems?

Bonnie

Nope no noise at all except you might hear chairs being dragged once in awhile during the day. We were on the Panorama deck and had a peaceful nights sleep every night. Like I said we were cabin 8157. It was a great room more towards the middle of the ship. The Prides a great ship. Have a ton of fun.

Debbie

Debbie, LOL Thanks, I thought I was going crazy!! We booked 8164, so just a few doors down from where your cabin was. I agree, a balcony is heaven!!!

Any tips for what to do or see ? We've always done the caribbean, this will be our first mexican riveria cruise.

Bonnie

slotsaddict, gosh it looks like everyone is going on Nov 2. Im booked for Nov 9 th, save some food and booze for our sailing LOL

Bonnie

If you are worried about not being able to print your boarding passes on the cruise ship don't worry. MOST airlines will let you can check in online without actually printing (with some you may need to select print for it to complete the check in) and then pick up your boarding passes when you check your luggage at the airport. You just tell the airport personnel you need to reprint. This way, you can have some very trusted someone at home check in for you. We have done this many times and it works fine.

I want to be able to print my boarding pass prior to reaching the airport. I will not have a lot of extra time and have been told LAX is very busy. I have had a terrible experience once at MIA and we were there 3.5 hours early and barly made it to the plane in time to board. But thank you very much for the information. :)

We were on the Pride in October 07. This was our 3rd cruise. Each time we stayed at the Doubletree Hotel San Pedro. It's a beautiful Hotel and your allowed to keep your car parked in there parking lot for free and they shuttle you to the ship for free. You would just give the driver a tip.

I haven't heard any good things about the Queen Mary. I've heard it's dirty and needs alot of repairing. :)

Yeah that is what I have heard about the QM. I have a group of friends going and we had thought to stay there but I am thinking twice about it now. If we stay it will be for one night. More for the historic atmosphere and the easy of early check in.

Debbie, LOL Thanks, I thought I was going crazy!! We booked 8164, so just a few doors down from where your cabin was. I agree, a balcony is heaven!!!

Any tips for what to do or see ? We've always done the caribbean, this will be our first mexican riveria cruise.

Bonnie

slotsaddict, gosh it looks like everyone is going on Nov 2. Im booked for Nov 9 th, save some food and booze for our sailing LOL

Bonnie

lol she is part of the group I am going with. lol Hey Roe.

Yeah that is what I have heard about the QM. I have a group of friends going and we had thought to stay there but I am thinking twice about it now. If we stay it will be for one night. More for the historic atmosphere and the easy of early check in.

I'm staying there anyway, we will only be in one day early, I think I can deal with it.

I also was on the Pride 2/17 through 2/24. My first cruise and I enjoyed myself. I thought there could have been a big improvement on the food though... One step up from hospital food (other than the presentation - it was beautiful most of the time). I felt like most of the food tasted the same. Now I am curious to know if that is just the way things are with food on cruise ships, or if another cruise line would have high standards/quality of food?????

I'll be on my first cruise on the Pride on april 20 08'

The anticipation is absolutely intolerable!!

Maybe it's the whole "getting away from the day to day" thing.

Or perhaps it's the fact that I've never been on a cruise!!

Either way, it's gonna be amazing, i'm sure!!

Take care and smooth sailing to all!!!!!:cool:

Has anyone stayed in 4235 on the pride or know anyone who has? Also wondering if there are any pictures of that room? Thanks!!

It's a suite, so how bad could it be??? hehe :D

Here's some pics I found on webshots of the Pride suites:

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Carnival+Pride+suites&new=1&source=chromeheader

Archived