Need advice on Jamaica

ajrs

I'm not getting any response over on port of call board, so i figured i'd widen the net a bit. any recommendations for a great beach in jamaica (montego bay) my family of 4 (dh, dd10, dd7 and me) will be there in 3 weeks! we just want a pretty, relaxing beach. any good ideas for a lunch spot would also be great. thanks!

Try Shaw Park Beach. RCCL arranged my brother's wedding there. It was quiet, no waves, not crowded. It's about a fifteen minute drive from Ocho Rios.

Here are some pics....

This is the only one I have that shows the beach itself....as you can see (if you look past my husband) there are very few people there.

152869821_411810cf0d.jpg

152846737_3a20806921.jpg

152846799_455fea7ea8.jpg

...this was probably just before noon and we didn't stay long after the wedding, so I'm not sure how it gets later in the day. While we were there, it seemed very nice. Once everyone was changed and ready to leave the ship again, we would have gone back there to swim, but we did not feel we had enough time. So we settled for the beach at Margaritaville, which turned out to be kinda scary because of the peddlers (would have been fine if they hadn't been peddling more than just beads and woodcrafts).

I'm not getting any response over on port of call board, so i figured i'd widen the net a bit. any recommendations for a great beach in jamaica (montego bay) my family of 4 (dh, dd10, dd7 and me) will be there in 3 weeks! we just want a pretty, relaxing beach. any good ideas for a lunch spot would also be great. thanks!

Doctor's Cave Beach. It is easy to get to via a JUTA cab or bus. You could also take a RCI excursion that spends some time there. If you go to the Jamaica board and search Doctor's Cave you should find plenty of posts.

Mike

We went to the Sunset Beach Resort--about 10 minutes by cab fro the pier--its a nice all inclusive hotel with a nice stretch of beach---also has a wonderful pool with water slides and a lazy river for the kids---includes lunch--either buffet or burger bar---all drinks and use of facilities

no vendors bothering you and cabs waiting when you want ot go back to the ship---it was $40 a day for adult and I think $20 for kids----only other cost was the cab $10 each way

hope this helps---Paul

Archived