Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter...

MamaParrotHead

Can someone tell me if there is anything else to do or see on Blue Lagoon Island, along with the Dolphin Enounter? The website says the tour/round trip by boat to the island takes around 3-3 1/2 hours. Just wondering if there would be anything else to do there, or to plan on going and doing the program, then heading back to Nassau right away and maybe hitting the Digs.

Any pics would be appreciated!

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I did this just last week. we were on the carnival sensation and I booked this on my own. I was very nervous about this but everything was great. we were booked for the 1030. but what this really means is the water taxi leaves to take you to blue lagoon at 1030. the ride there is very nice. you will see some beautiful homes along the ocean.(sit on the left hand side of the boat for this!) once you are there they sit you down for a quick educational talk about dolphins. right after you go to the water and begin the encounter. I found that it went a bit slow. some trainers were better than others. and they try to get as many people in as possible so it starts out a bit slow. that being said, once you get into the actual encounter... its great! we enjoyed every minute. they do alot of pictures and a video. the video (which we did buy) was almost 60 dollars!!!... I found that getting the video and the photos and the gift shop were a bit crazy. so that took some time. there is a small restaurant and there are sea lions but we had no time to enjoy any of that. as I said, the dolphin encounter itself took a long time. I asked if I could stay and take the next water taxi, he said "we like everyone to go back on the one they came in on" and I got the message. we went back! :)

all and all, all five of us loved it!

(not anything else there to see just the encounter)

oh and the water, not too warm! :)

Thanks for the review and the advice on where to sit for the view of the homes. I love that stuff. We are doing the dolphin swim in a couple weeks and I wasn't sure what to expect. I am a little worried about the water temp...how cold is it exactly?? Also, do you know if the video is the same price for the swim?? Can you bring your own "underwater camera"?

Thanks again for all the info. Sounds like you had a great time :)

you can bring your own camera, at least to the encounter. and the water temp? humm if i had to guess, upper 60 something. again, just a guess. chilly, but bearable...

I do think the videos were the same price for the swim. we got one, I am ashamed to say! :)

I did this excursion through Royal on my first cruise last year in Sept. Overall, I thought it was a great experience. The boat ride to the location was very pretty, and it provided some great photo ops. The island is clean, and the animals there appeared to be well carried for (and happy).

The experience itself (with the Dolphins) was fun. My gf and I are both animal lovers so I think we would have enjoyed it regardless. With that being said, some may consider the excursion pricey for what you get. If you are an animal lover and want a "once and a life time" experience I highly recommend it.

you can bring your own camera, at least to the encounter. and the water temp? humm if i had to guess, upper 60 something. again, just a guess. chilly, but bearable...

I do think the videos were the same price for the swim. we got one, I am ashamed to say! :)

We are leaving on the Sensation in two weeks with wife and 8 and 5 year old sons. I booked the dolphin encounter directly. I was a little worried about the water temp for the kids. I was told that they do have wet suits if the water is too cold.

they do have wet suits, but nobody used them, more of the adults felt the cold than the kids! the kids didnt care!

we also booked on our own, it was very simple. just remember, the time you got confirmed for is actually the time the water boat leaves for the encounter, not the time of the encounter... we were there very early!

• 2 weeks later...
they do alot of pictures and a video. the video (which we did buy) was almost 60 dollars!!!... the encounter)

oh and the water, not too warm! :)

Could you tell me if the videos were dvd's or vhs tapes? Also, is your whole group on the same video? Did you get it that day or is it mailed to you? Also, on the pictures do they get any with you hugging the dolphin and when it does the foot push. I printed out the price list from the website and I'm already starting to save for dec.

Thanks for the info!

It is a DVD and you do get it the same day. they do get pics of you hugging the dolphns and one of your family getting a kiss. you dont do a foot push unless you do the swim. we did the encounter. you do get the vidoe of your whole group. they have three seperate "pool" areas. each of these areas has there own vido pix person. so they will film the whole "pool" then when you actualy go in to do the encounter they put you in about 10 - 20 people at a time, that is who will be on the video.

Brenda

Archived