Emerald Suite Help

Eve

If my choices are cabins C750. A750 or D736, does anyone know which has the largest room size vs. balcony size? Also, any info about pix or above cabins would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If my choices are cabins C750. A750 or D736, does anyone know which has the largest room size vs. balcony size? Also, any info about pix or above cabins would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

C750 and A750 are both PS category, which is one category higher than D736 at VS category (smaller room & smaller balcony). Note, the C750 balcony has the dreaded "beam" (column). The A750 balcony will NOT be obstructed at all. The overall sizes of the 3 cabins are: C750 (495 sq ft), A750 (531 sq ft), D736 (460 sq ft). The D736 balcony may also have the "beam" concern, but I'm not sure (do a search on that cabin # & you may find info). The price difference is usually $100pp between VS and PS on a 7-day, so you'd have to decide if that factors in for you. I would hands-down choose A750 (we had A751 on Crown, mirror image of A750) if you are concerned about size & having an unobstructed balcony (considering A750 and C750 will be priced the same).

Hope that helps!

-- Renée

We stayed in D736 on the Emerald and had not problems with cabin at all. It does have the beam but did not find that it was an issue for us. In fact, we made good use of the beam by moving the table and chairs behind the beam it opened up the balcony more and provided shade in the morning while having coffee. Here are some pictures

http://travel.webshots.com/album/561796068EDkvZJ?start=12

I agree about the beam in D736 not being a problem. In fact, if it gets windy, it is nice to have the beam to sit behind.

We had A750 on the Caribbean Princess and it is indeed a larger suite than D736. About the only difference we noted was additional room on the other side of the bed and sofa next to the balcony doors. The balcony might be slightly larger or it may have just appeared that way as it is indeed missing any beam.

Enjoy the suite -- they are heavenly!

Archived