Suites on the Ecstasy

texankhj

Thanks Grady. We just got off the Conquest Jan. 20 and wanted to try the smaller ship. I have booked another trip on the Conquest aft balcony. Guess I would be better off to stick with that.

I wouldn't count out the old Fantasy class ships too soon, they still have a lot to offer. I have been on the Glory, but I still prefer the Fantasy class. I think they are less crowded, better laid out, and more cozy (since they are older). With the "Evolutions of Fun" renovations they are sure to be even better. The category 12 suites do have private covered balconies. They also have a seperate sitting area, divided from the bed area. I haven't stayed in one, but I did go in one to look around,,,,,,very nice!

I wouldn't count out the old Fantasy class ships too soon, they still have a lot to offer. I have been on the Glory, but I still prefer the Fantasy class. I think they are less crowded, better laid out, and more cozy (since they are older). With the "Evolutions of Fun" renovations they are sure to be even better. The category 12 suites do have private covered balconies. They also have a seperate sitting area, divided from the bed area. I haven't stayed in one, but I did go in one to look around,,,,,,very nice!

I had a category 12 on the Inspiration the first time I sailed her and have the same cabin again for my sailing in April. The Cat 12s are wonderful suites with plenty of room and are very comfortable.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the Inspiration now that she's all bright and shiny!!

:D

No actual wall, just a small (waist high) partition. Mostly for looks, to let you know that it is a sitting area and not just a couch and table in the bedroom. If you go on Carnival.com and click on Fun Ships, then Ecstasy, there will be a link for "virtual tours". One is usually the Suite, so you can get a better idea of what I'm saying. Here is the link:

http://carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/Virtual_Tours_Ecstasy.aspx

I really like the Cat 11 and Cat 12.

I had a wonderful Cat 12 suite on the Paradise.... Very comfortable :D

I also had a very nice Cat 11 on the Elation... I liked that I could get sun on the Cat 11's.

The 12s are bigger with the balcony being more private, also you get a whirlpool tub. The 11's get better sun and and view of stars at night, but are not private.....

In the whole cruise industry except for the Hull holes balconies on QM2 the cat 12's are pretty private. Your neighbors can still look over if they want though :D.

Both my Suites had real teak deck and metal (not plastic) chairs on the balcony. Something I did not get on more premium cruise line.

Tom in Long Beach

Archived