Upgrade fairy for the GEM

NorthernNeighbour

Guest Anorak33

Those are exactly the same rooms aren't they? Just one is on 14 and has the use of the CV swimming pool an and jacuzzi, and the AB is on 11 but still has all the other perks.

We just had an AB on Jewel as we had a third passenger and it made economic sense for her to not pay a single supplement.

What a lovely room the AB is. Its quite spoiled us for anything lesser.

I'm not sure if I would call that the upgrade fairy. I don't know what the prices are like on your 10 day cruise, but I'm booked in an A3 on the Jewel 9 day at the end of Feb and the price difference between AB and A3 is just a bit over $2,000.

The cabins are exactly the same but I would say the perks are worth the money. On the 14th deck you truly feel like you are on a private yacht and never have to worry about finding a deck chair or finding someone to get you a drink or worrying about someone taking your chair while you get lunch. I've only done an A3 once before but between the private pool, hot tub, courtyard, sundeck, and the excellent pool butler I felt pampered like never before. Only had to walk across the hall to have the butler serve me breakfast and lunch by the pool. FABULOUS!

In answer to the previous posts, the suites are basically the same -- so we did not feel it was worth any extra money to move to the Courtyard.

We would NOT have used the Courtyard facilities extensively since we are not the types to sit by the pool and wait to be served. No offense meant, that is just not our style.

While it would be nice to feel like being on a private yacht again, we've been there, done that so we are looking forward to the 'busyness' of a large cruise ship but the luxury of a private suite.

I think that's a lot of money to go from an excellent AB suite to an excellent A3 suite. IMO, the added benefits of the Courtyard and Courtyard Sundeck would only be worth that much money if you were on a transatlantic cruise of more than 12 days. Otherwise, no way.

beachchick

Archived