First time cruiser...How early do they allow check in on embarkation day?

chewie44

My mom & I have a very inexpensive way to get to NYC...our regular NYC bus trip from Wilmington, DE. for only $40.00.:D

We will probably be arriving in Rockefeller center (the usual drop off point) and would be getting there around 10:30am. If we took a cab down to the Pier where the ship is, can we check in early, check our baggage and then stay and explore the ship before the 4pm departure?

I know our room won't be ready yet, but how early can we check in?:confused:

I appreciate any knowledge that you have on this subject.

Kathy

You might want to ask this over on the cruise line boards, but Princess (our cruise lines of choice)wouldn't allow you on the ship that early. When we sailed out of SF, we were able to check our bags in at about 11:30, well before boarding time, but had to wait until 12:30 before we could get on the ship. This difference is that Princess has your cabin ready, so that might be why you can't go on board too early.

You might also check to see if you have a roll call going - someone there might know.

Have a great first cruise!

Charlie

On our cruises we try to get there early. Last year we arrived at Miami Port around 10:00 I believe. Before noon we had allready explored every public room on the ship with out people all around and had lunch at the buffett.

You never know, once the other people have cleared and all got off, they let you on shortly after. Different every time.

Personally I would go straight to the ship, drop off luggage to the porter, check in and wait to get on the ship, if anywait at all.

Well since you have been on NCl and that is what we will be going on, then it sounds like NCL will let us get on early.

I'm glad for that because I would have hated to have to leave and find someplace to go in NYC before we were allowed on the ship hours laters...

Archived