Another Name Question?

wwwaters

Can anyone shed some light on this?

My FIL's name is different on BC and passport than any other thing he has, his passport and BC have him as Wallace and he actually spells his name as Wallis. Will this pose any problems? He is actually a past guest and this is causing havock with Carnivals system . To make matters worse BIL also has the same problem , then added in is is his son whjo is actually the III.

Any suggestions?

I hope you get an answer.

MY DSIL is Cynthia by birth and on her passport but when we booked the cruise we booked her as Cyndi, the name we call her by.

I think she figured a way around the fun pass but we don't want a problem at the pier either.

Good luck to you.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

My FIL's name is different on BC and passport than any other thing he has, his passport and BC have him as Wallace and he actually spells his name as Wallis. Will this pose any problems? He is actually a past guest and this is causing havock with Carnivals system . To make matters worse BIL also has the same problem , then added in is is his son whjo is actually the III.

Any suggestions?

He best register with Carnival as Wallace. The ships manifest and your ID (passport) must match. As I understand then if his DL shows Wallis, he best keep it in his pocket. OR possibly go get that changed to avoid problems getting on or back on the boat.

I have been told that a passport is considered better ID than a DL. SO, I would think as long as he kept his DL in his pocket he would be fine. To be safe he might want to change the spelling of his DL to match his BC and also check with Social Security Adm to make sure their records are straight so as to avoid a problem when that time arrives.

JMO, Don

:cool: :cool: My drivers licence said one name, birth certificate another, credit cards many others and my ssn another. When I went to get my passport they recommended that all should be the same, except BC of course (given names should be the same though). I talked to a lawyer friend and he said if I was to apply for survivor benefits on my spouses retirement funds, stocks, insurance etc etc I could face a real nightmare. We can be called by whatever name we choose but when legal documents or travel documents are involved they should all be the same. Just my suggestion, change it now and then no problems now or in the distant future. Cindy:cool: :cool:

Archived