Aft Cabin on Diamond Princess

CCGSRuss

We are looking at the Princess 15 day cruise from LA to Hawaii and back on the Diamond Princess. I think that I would like the serenity of the view of the ships wake as sit out on our balcony of our aft facing cabin. My wife is concerned that the motion of the ship will be magnified by being so far aft. I'm not concerned for myself as I used to work on a ship that would spend 5 weeks at a time out in the Pacific and I do not get sea sick (any more). I do remember though that even on calm days there would be a noticeable swell at sea. Has anyone experienced a Pacific cruise in an aft cabin on the Diamond Princess, or any other cruise ship for that matter? Is the motion back there much worse than midships? Also, do you get any pollution from the ships stacks on the aft facing balconies?

CCGSRuss

We were on Diamond in November in E728 (last port cabin aft). It was wonderful. No foot traffic back there. Close to the HC buffet and dining rooms. We did have a very calm cruise - others have said the first day or 2 can be rough - but we did a cruise on Infinity in 2005 and had those rough days and we were aft too. I love being aft.

We have had aft facing cabins on past 5 Princess cruises. I am very sensitive to motion sickness. I can definitely feel more motion in those cabins than more mid-ship. We had rough seas for part of 1 cruise due to hurricanes in area and I took medication daily and ended sleeping most of the cruise.

But, we love the view and privacy.

We were on the Diamond...Syd to SFO in 2006. Had A749...a fully aft facing cabin. Really loved it. It was very quiet and we enjoyed sitting looking at the wake with a cocktail in the evening. Had some rough seas for a couple of days but we didn't notice much difference in the motion in our cabin compared with our friends cabin (which was mid ship). Keep in mind it is a walk to the center or the front of the ship. There is a door in the back you can take to get outside to aft pool and Horizon Court. This had to be our all time favorite cabin. So much so we have booked the same cabin on our upcomming Sapphire cruise.

Chris

This is a follow up to my original post.

Thanks for your replies. I think that I am convinced that aft facing cabins will be my first choice. Cabin A749 is in a great location, close to both the pool and the buffet. I was also looking at cabins D740 and D741. While the location is not a good as A749, looking at the deck plans on Princess, the balconies look to be bigger than the others. Does anyone have experience with those cabins?

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone im sailing southbound Whhitter to Vancouver on the Diamond

and was wondering if anyone can send me pics from cabin A749?? which

is a first aft cabin for me, after hearing nothing but good

things, im just a little heistant on the view, my email add is rsxboi@hotmail.com

please and thank you

Sagar.

Archived