Questions-1st time in Hawaii, please help

sleepy99

I am taking my family, husband and 2 boys 13 & 15, on the Pride of America 7/26/08. I have a few questions, have tried to search but not finding any answers.

Are the beds comfortable on this ship, or are they more like cots?

We are in 2 obstructed view connecting outside cabins-does NCL provide robes in these cabins?

We will probably bring a laptop, what is the best way to secure it in the cabin? I know it won't fit in the safe!

Are there decent teen activities on this ship?

We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott, how far is the port from there and what is the least costly way to get there?

Can I get a copy of the room service menu on this ship?

Can you carry on bottled water and sodas on this ship?

Is there a laudromat near the port in Maui? We will be staying on Maui at Kamaole beach for 5 days post cruise so I am planning on not doing too much while the ship is in Maui, so I would like to get some laundy done, maybe while shopping!

Thanks everyone for your help!

I am taking my family, husband and 2 boys 13 & 15, on the Pride of America 7/26/08. I have a few questions, have tried to search but not finding any answers.

Are the beds comfortable on this ship, or are they more like cots?

We are in 2 obstructed view connecting outside cabins-does NCL provide robes in these cabins?

We did not have robes in our oceanview room. I also know several who were in inside cabins and they had no robes. I assume this is probably for those in suites but i cannot say for sure.

We will probably bring a laptop, what is the best way to secure it in the cabin? I know it won't fit in the safe!

We just locked ours in the suitcase and left it under the bed (which was where we had to keep the suitcase anyway because not much room otherwise).

Are there decent teen activities on this ship?

There is a teen club and they do have activities. My 16yo spent more time just roaming with other he met on the ship than he did in any organized activities. I think he really enjoyed the hot tubs, karaoke, and things like that more than any structured activities.

We are staying at the Waikiki Marriott, how far is the port from there and what is the least costly way to get there?

It is a little ways from the pier. If you do not have access to the NCL shuttle (if you booked the room through NCL you should have transportation provided to the ship) than a taxi would probably be one way or a service (I think there are several bus companies that make rounds and will take you with luggage). We had rented a car that day to tour some (including Pearl Harbor) so we just got the Hertz shuttle to drop us at the pier.

Can I get a copy of the room service menu on this ship?

Cannot help here, but from what I remember it is fairly limited unless you are in a suite or that type room.

Can you carry on bottled water and sodas on this ship?

We carried a case of soda and several bottles of water and other sodas on board without problem. We also picked some up along the way and had no problem bringing it on the ship.

Is there a laudromat near the port in Maui? We will be staying on Maui at Kamaole beach for 5 days post cruise so I am planning on not doing too much while the ship is in Maui, so I would like to get some laundy done, maybe while shopping!

Can't help you here, but I bet a quick search using google maps would give you the answer or hopefully a local or someone with experience will chime in.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Enjoy the trip!!

William

Archived