A Few Hours In Montreal

This October, we will be arriving in Montreal in the morning and our flight home isn't until 4:30 in the afternoon..

Can anyone recommend a tour service or some highlites we can see on our own? From what I've seen, this city has so much to offer and I know we can't see even a small fraction of it.. But I also don't want to sit in the airport all day...;)

Thanks,

Ken

My suggestion is spend the time in Old Montreal. There are many things to in old Montreal, including the Science centre, many museums and cafes. Don't leave for the airport too late, since you will be travelling past the entrance for the Mercier bridge around rush hour and that will definitely be slow.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are two choices, bus or plane. I don't know of any company that will allow one-way rentals from Canada to the US.

Should I ask why Albany and not Burlington? Albany is about 3.5 hours away and Burlington is just 1.5 hours away.

There are two choices, bus or plane. I don't know of any company that will allow one-way rentals from Canada to the US.

Should I ask why Albany and not Burlington? Albany is about 3.5 hours away and Burlington is just 1.5 hours away.

Do you know of any companies that will allow one-way rentals from U.S. to Canada, or is that the same situation? We would like to fly in to Burlington, and drive to Montreal. Thanks.

Hi Retired 07,

LOL I hope you really are retired and enjoying teh good life on cruises...

Here is a link for all car rental agencies at BTV airport:

http://www.burlingtonintlairport.com/travel_info/auto/

Here is a link also for Everywheretaxi operating in Vermont. I called their main mobile number several times and no one picked-up and the message box is full. I wonder if that's a good singe. I called this other office number at the bottom of their site and they quoted me $165 to Montreal downtown. I believe this is much better option than renting a car and going through the border which may cause legal issues and you might get denied access to Canada.

http://www.everywheretaxi.com/contactus.html

If you are looking for even cheaper solution I suggest the bus services at approx $30/per but you still have to get onto City bus and or a Taxi to get to and from the terminals.

http://www.greyhound.com/home/

When is you trip? Are you staying in Montreal or getting on a Cruise in Montreal or in Quebec City? Depending to what your plans are in Montreal and afterwards I suggest you contact above conatct information he may have other options.

Hi Armani

Yes, we really are retired for just about a year, and this will be our 3rd cruise.

We are going in October, (hoping to see some good fall color that we don't get here in So Cal.) We are planning on staying in Montreal for 2-3 days before the cruise. We found that it's MUCH cheaper to fly into Burlington than directly into Montreal. Then we figured that if we can rent a car, and take a nice leisurely drive to Montreal (I know, it's only 100 miles, but we would go and see other sights), that would be an added bonus.

So, a bus or taxi would be good economically, but not for sightseeing.

Thanks again for all your recommendations!

Archived