Flight Times from Miami

jus4fun

Hi Jus,

I'd say 9:30 is just cutting to too close! The earliest my travel agent has ever recommended is an 11:30 a.m. While I've only cruised two times, I believe Carnival does disembark passengers based on flight departures. Still, 9:30 seems way to early. IMHO.

I've made it to the airport before 8:00am before, but it is risky and nothing is for sure. I've also been on ships that we were still waiting to clear customs at 8:00 am...9:30 is early, but not impossible. For me it would depend on what day I was flying out. If it is a saturday or sunday, I'd hesitate to book, because the later flights will likely be full. Many times on the weekend, return airfare is cheap in the morning and late in the evening, this is because the remaining flights are full of cruise passengers

I always book a flight that leaves around 11:30am. We do the self disembark, and usually arrive at the airport by 9am. You never know how long Customs will take to clear the ship before they start letting folks disembark, sometimes it takes a long time. Or you could hit bad weather and be late coming into port. I wouldn't do a departure time that early, its just too much that could go wrong.

Another consideration is your luggage. You will need to check your luggage 45 minutes before departure or it will not be accepted. That means you must be at a check-in kiosk or counter handing your luggage over by 8:45. While this can be done it can also easily be missed for a myriad of reasons from delays clearing customs to an accident on the freeway.

Archived