Need some creative ideas..planning a surprise

bubbles1209

I was thinking of going to the Carnival site and creating a T-shirt for the 8 of us that are going on a cruise this summer. I would like to surprise my SO with it, as well as my 2 kids, and had thought about mailing/shipping the other 4 t-shirts to his daughter's house right before the cruise. I'm trying to come up with something catchy to put on it, and I'm having a hard time. The 8 of us going are my SO, my daughter & son, his daughter, her husband, their son, and a friend of their son. This is a re-union, graduation gift (grandson graduates high school this year), birthday (we sail on my birthday) and late father's day/early birthday (SO's birthday is in July) cruise. And the topper, my children & I have never met her or her family.(talked to her lots on the phone, but we've never met)....... So, how do you combine that one?

I was looking under the friends & family cruise heading for the t-shirt, but am having a hard time figuring out what to put on there. I thought his last name-their last name & me & my kid's last name, but then what?

Any ideas? I know you guys are creative. Normally, I am too, but having a really hard time with this one.

Thanks for any help you can give:)

I have no idea what their names are but with eight you get egg roll! ;)

Seriously, perhaps you could use the first initial of each name to form an anagram, list it out verticaly on the back in a large font, each name in a smaller font next to it...

EDDIE

GWEN

GLORIA

RHONDA

OSCAR

LAURA

LARRY

This is a kinda fun site for such silliness:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

Toss your name in there and see how many anagrams that thing cranks out! Amazing!

This is a kinda fun site for such silliness:

http://wordsmith.org/anagram/

Toss your name in there and see how many anagrams that thing cranks out! Amazing!

GREAT SITE! I will save this (not for a t-shirt, but probably really useful for school projects for my kids!). Will share with the English teachers in my family!

GREAT SITE! I will save this (not for a t-shirt, but probably really useful for school projects for my kids!). Will share with the English teachers in my family!

Yeah... I amuse myself with that site... I toss people's names in there and see what crawls out!

:D

I dont know what ship you're on, but you could do something simple with the ship's name... like on the front just writing "IT'S A MIRACLE" (or some other slogan based on your ships name) ... and on the back have their name (first or last), and then a number, like on the back of a jersey. You could just pick random numbers, number the people 1-8, or just put 08 (the year, the number of people, the graduate's class year, etc).

You could also do something like the master card commercials. Airfare...$$$, Cruise...$$$, Excursions...$$$, ______... Priceless.

Good Luck!

I am not sure how the tshirt creation works, but since it is a surprise for your SO, everyone's shirt could read "I'm with SO(his name)", and his shirt could read "I'm SO(his name)-they're with me".

"Cruising Together:." "So Happy Together:" "Sailing the sea:" "Family Unity:" If there aren't too many different last names, you could print them all on the front or back along with the ship info-ports of call.

Hope this idea helps you spark an idea or maybe you like one of these.

I am in the process of creating PJ tops for my sister and me, but doing it myself. SAS-sisters at sea, sea cruisers, cruising with little sis, cruising with big sis and the cruise date and ship on.

MY DH and I just had this conversation at dinner tonight. We are going on a cruise May 5th it is a surprise for our daughter that is graduating college May 3rd we have 14 people going so far (friends and family) and our son is planning on getting engaged on formal night as well. so here is our idea for our shirts.....

SHHHH.......Don't tell Jill

And on Jill's shirt: "Jill" USF graduate 5/3/08

We plan on putting all the shirts and her shirt in a box and presenting it to her with her cruise tickets at a luncheon after graduation!

In the past when we took all of our kids (8) in all we put "Getting Krunked family cruise" and the year! That got alot of comments , it was funny

I

You could also do something like the master card commercials. Airfare...$$$, Cruise...$$$, Excursions...$$$, ______... Priceless.

Good Luck!

We always make group shirts when we go on trips. We made this one on our last group cruise in '04. Only we said something like air $, cruise $$, Sail and sign tab $$$$.....then on the back we had something like "Cruisin' and Boozin' in the Caribbean...priceless". We also had everyone's names scattered on the back. Check out www.customink.com for ideas or to make practice ones. We found it cheaper to bring our design idea to a local printer (the ones that do sports team shirts and what not). If you are interested, I can let you know what our other ones were, too.

We always make group shirts when we go on trips. We made this one on our last group cruise in '04. Only we said something like air $, cruise $$, Sail and sign tab $$$$.....then on the back we had something like "Cruisin' and Boozin' in the Caribbean...priceless". We also had everyone's names scattered on the back. Check out www.customink.com for ideas or to make practice ones. We found it cheaper to bring our design idea to a local printer (the ones that do sports team shirts and what not). If you are interested, I can let you know what our other ones were, too.

Thanks! I'll take any ideas I can get, it's complicated when it comes to 8 people with 3 different last names.:confused:

Thanks! I'll take any ideas I can get, it's complicated when it comes to 8 people with 3 different last names.:confused:

We did a pirate one with a skull and crossbones on the front, then on the back we had "Yo Ho and up she rises" with a picture of a sunrise on a horizon, I think we also had "Aye, Aye matey" somewhere on there.

We also had one for a ladies Mexico trip with some of those maracas on the front, it said "shakin' em in Mexico" and then had our names on the back with female silhouttes in various dancing positions.

Last cruise I painted our shirts. For our upcoming cruise, I ordered them from carnivalfuntees. Got them in less than a week. It's my son's grad. cruise, so they say Steven's grad cruise, (his says MY grad cruise),with our name, the name of the ship, and the date. They are real nice.:D

Archived