Question about Difference of Balcony Staterooms on Pride

New to all this cruising stuff, just booked my first cruise and just wanted to know the difference between:

8A-I, 9A, and just plain old BL.

Is there really a huge difference? I can see a difference in price, but in terms of the cabins what is different? I can really find anything on carnival.com that explains it.

And for the one that just says BL, is that a guarantee? (no specific letter, just guaranteed a bacony stateroom?)

Thanks in advanced!!

8A, 8B, 8D, 8F, 8H Are the Standard Balcony. 8C, 8E, 8G, 8I are the extended balcony not much bigger. 9A is a bigger balcony than the extended. If it only matters that you have a Balcony I would choose the BL guarentee or 8A guarentee because it is usually the cheapest and could get upgraded. Just back off the Pride. We were upgraded from 8A to 8F. Stardard balcony but 3 floors higher.

Thanks......

It makes sense now!!!:p :eek:

Did you have a good time?

How was the boat?

There is a lot of us going. (My DBF, his parents, his grandma, his sisters, 21, 13, and 10, and his oldest sisters DBF) Do you think that there is something for everyone to do? We do like to drink and gamble, but I would like to experience everything the ship has to offer since it's my first time.

Any tips or hints would be great!!

:)

8A, 8B, 8D, 8F, 8H Are the Standard Balcony. 8C, 8E, 8G, 8I are the extended balcony not much bigger. 9A is a bigger balcony than the extended. If it only matters that you have a Balcony I would choose the BL guarentee or 8A guarentee because it is usually the cheapest and could get upgraded. Just back off the Pride. We were upgraded from 8A to 8F. Stardard balcony but 3 floors higher.

And the letters mean what deck they are on?

Thanks......

It makes sense now!!!:p :eek:

Did you have a good time?

How was the boat?

There is a lot of us going. (My DBF, his parents, his grandma, his sisters, 21, 13, and 10, and his oldest sisters DBF) Do you think that there is something for everyone to do? We do like to drink and gamble, but I would like to experience everything the ship has to offer since it's my first time.

Any tips or hints would be great!!

:)

There are 3 new reviews posted about the pride http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=190 Here is the link to my picture http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562327851uMiQYz

I took my 74 year old mother and she had a blast. The one thing she ask for was a balcony because she loves to listen to the wave at night. I brought a bungee cord to hold open the door, that was the best tip I received from this cruise critic. The ship was beautiful but I did her comments that it was gody. I think you either like it or you don't. If you plan on doing any excursion try Mazatlan Frank, he was the best and I he know has tours in PV and Cabo. Here is web page http://www.mazatlan-frank.com/TWOENGLISH.html The only other thing my mom raved about was the massage at Krystal. 90 min relaxing massage for 2 total $80. It was more than worth it the ship charges 3 times as much. Here is there web site, the amounts are in Paso so just take off a 0. You will need to make a reservation ahead of time. The email is on the site. If you book on line you get a discount.PV time is 1 hour ahead of ship time, ship time is Mountaintime. http://www.go2vallarta.com/milleniummassage/ There was so much to do that I am planning another trip to see more. You will have a great time.

Archived