CCL Legend - Excursion pricing

CaribbeanKim

My family will be sailing on the Legend this June. We are going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Does anyone happen to have copies of the excursions that are offered through the cruiseline, and their prices? Wouldn't it be great if Carnival would publish those rates instead of hinting (with a $, $$, $$$ and so forth)? lol

Cruisin....

THANK YOU! All this time, and I never knew that! I had just been browsing through the list of excursions without using a booking number, which takes you to a rather generic page that doesn't show prices (only icons) ... Just proves that an old dog CAN learn new tricks! lol

Anyone have websites for excursions in Roatan, Belize, Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

The private kind, not through Carnival?

In Grand Cayman we did a Carnival excursion with the Atlantis submarine voyage, very cool! We went from there a block or two and discovered the public transit bus system, $ 2.00 p.p. to each destination was cheap and they were everywhere, went to the turtle farm and the stopped by "Hell" to pick someone up. Be prepared for fast paced demolition-like driving in all these ports, they don't go by the same driver handbook as us , LOL :P

If you'd like to go cave tubing in Belize, I recommend the guys @ cave-tubing.com, its half the price of the ship excursion and you get twice the adventure. Jimmy was our guide and we had a blast. They make sure to get you back to the ship in plenty of time for the last tender.

We did the Mayan ruins of Tulum from Cozumel with the Carnival excursion, Manuel was our guide and he is a regular Mayan history book of knowledge, called by some a blabber-mouth, he really knows his history and is proud of his heritage. This is a must-do excursion, the sights and experience is something we'll never forget!

I recommend ship tours( especially when its a 7hr round-trip) only because our tours were late getting us back to the ship and they'll only wait for shipboard excursions, not independent company ones!!!!

Roatan was our favorite port of all, we booked ziplining after we got off the ship, their stand was directly across from the gate onto the street. Pirates of the Caribbean zip-linging is the name of their company, they have the best zip-lines anywhere,you don't have to worry with braking yourself like on other lines, they claim to have the highest line (anywhere) on their extreme tour (which is less strenuous than the lesser one, but is amazing and a must-do for sure!)

They will also help you get a local driver to take you to the location, we were fortunate to have Alvin, his car was # 409 and he was a great tour guide as well as a trustworthy man. He stayed while we zipped, then returned us to the dock, waited for us to board and change, then took us to a private, uncrowded beach and waited for us there until we were ready to go again. Kinda pricey ($20 per person roundtrip for zipping, again for the beach trip to other side of the island, but by then we were so glad to have a decent driver, it was well worth the cost!

Simply Google each port of call and check out the excursions for yourself, thats what I did to research these, plus all the experienced cruisers here @ cruisecritic.com were a great help with their feedback!

Hope this helps you decide and have a great cruise!

Jason

Archived