Passport turnaround time........Wow

bubbles1209

Took my dd and ds to apply for their passports last Friday (Jan. 25th). On

the 31st they showed up as processing, and today they are showing as:eek:

mailed!! When we applied we applied non-expedited! Wow, I'm impressed!! All it took was 8 days!! I still can't believe it! I was concerned about them being caught up in our mailed being held by the post office if they were to have come while we are gone on our upcoming trip on the miracle, but now, we should have them before we leave!

Just wanted to share with everyone and to everyone who has applied

we hope yours come back as quickly as theirs did. It took my SO's daughter and her family 3 weeks and 2 days from the day they applied to be mailed out. Looks like the turnaround time is quick right now.:)

Rec'd ours after three weeks. Rec'd our copies of Birth Cetificates the next day after P.Ports.

You don't get the birth certificates back with the passport? I didn't realize they're mailed separate. As you can tell, I've never done this before! ;)

We applied today and when I asked how long, the clerk at the PO said 4-6 weeks, but we will have them in 3! Can't wait, hope they come as quick as yours!

You don't get the birth certificates back with the passport? I didn't realize they're mailed separate. As you can tell, I've never done this before! ;)

We applied today and when I asked how long, the clerk at the PO said 4-6 weeks, but we will have them in 3! Can't wait, hope they come as quick as yours!

When I took the kids to apply last Friday, we were told 6-8 weeks, so 8 days is far better, you shouldn't have to wait long.:)

I know we expedited ours for the kids and had them in 7 days. They did come with their birth certificates. I think they pay attention to your travel dates--as they ask you when you are going and where you are going. I also know they processed I think 2 million passports last year--so they are going fanastic.

DH says it has alot to do with the departure date that is put down on the documents .

I've never put a departure date when applying, it's not a required field.

I think the turn-around time has more to do with which office they are being processed at.

When we received DD's, her birth certificate and expired passport were in the same envelope as the new one. Again, I can only guess this has to do with the office processing them.

This is for a Princess cruise (5/11 Caribbean) but this seemed to be the most recent passport thread. My GF is submiting her paperwork on Monday 02/03 glad to see this should be back in pleanty of time for 5/11. Im all set got mine in 03 (yay for me no RFID).

Archived