Exercise Equipment on Westerdam

superchief

We are cruising on the Westerdam during Spring Break. Since we have more 'will' power than 'won't' power, we like to work out while on vacation. I recall that the Ryndam did not have much weight training equipment when we sailed on it several years ago. Does anyone know which of the following types of equipment (in working order) are available to use on the Westerdam:

Eliptical trainers

Stairmaster/step machines

Decline boards for situps

Smith machine

Cables with lat pull bars

Dumb bells (up to 50lb?)

Types and ranges of weight machines

Thanks for your help.

We are cruising on the Westerdam during Spring Break. Since we have more 'will' power than 'won't' power, we like to work out while on vacation. I recall that the Ryndam did not have much weight training equipment when we sailed on it several years ago. Does anyone know which of the following types of equipment (in working order) are available to use on the Westerdam:

Eliptical trainers yes

Stairmaster/step machines yes

Decline boards for situps I think so but not sure

Smith machine sorry - don't know what this is

Cables with lat pull bars I think so but not sure

Dumb bells (up to 50lb?) yes, but not sure of upper limit

Types and ranges of weight machines one or two - not sure what kind

Thanks for your help.

They also have treadmills and bikes. It is set up more for cardio than weight training, but you can probably cobble together some sort of workout from what they have.

When I was on her in November, the equipment was a bit worn, but most of it was functional. Bring your own MP3 player or other entertainment, if you are like me and need distraction while doing your cardio. There are a few TVs in the gym but they are hard to hear and may not be playing anything you want to watch.

Thanks for the information. It appears we should be able to get good workouts, and hopefully neutralize the great food we will enjoy.

I noticed you are from the Bay area. We lived in Concord, CA for 2 years and loved it (except for cost of living and traffic).

Thanks for the information. It appears we should be able to get good workouts, and hopefully neutralize the great food we will enjoy.

I noticed you are from the Bay area. We lived in Concord, CA for 2 years and loved it (except for cost of living and traffic).

Eliptical trainers

Stairmaster/step machines

Decline boards for situps

Smith machine

Cables with lat pull bars

Dumb bells (up to 50lb?)

Types and ranges of weight machines

Thanks for your help.

Based on three other Vista ships - all with great gyms -

Yes to ellipticals

No to smith machines

Decent range of free weights (yes, up to 50 and over) but only 3-4 benches

yes to decline bench

Weight machines included seated leg press, leg extension, seated hamstring, adduction, abduction, calf raise, and I believe a glute machine as well (at least on Noordam). Full range of standard upper body equipment. Spacious, clean and well laid out.

Archived