Portofinos or Chops?

KAWS

If you needed to choose one or the other, which would be the more "special" dining experience? We're sailing on the Radiance next month and celebrating my friend's 50th birthday and her and her hubby's 25th. As a special treat I want to book reservations there for one night for them. They like all foods so it's more the total picture I'm looking at with regard to my question.

Thanks.

If you needed to choose one or the other, which would be the more "special" dining experience? We're sailing on the Radiance next month and celebrating my friend's 50th birthday and her and her hubby's 25th. As a special treat I want to book reservations there for one night for them. They like all foods so it's more the total picture I'm looking at with regard to my question.

Thanks.

I think Portofino is a bit more special and more romantic, though I can't specifically put my finger on why. The filet there is the best I have ever had. YUMMY!!

Wow, what a great question! I was wondering the same thing myself. We were on the Navigator (never again) and the two seemed the same except on two sides of the ship. Anyway, I was wondering which would be better if you could only afford one:confused: :confused:

I am more curios about your 50 yr old friend with the 25 yr old hubby:eek:

Tell me more!

Annie:)

Wow, what a great question! I was wondering the same thing myself. We were on the Navigator (never again) and the two seemed the same except on two sides of the ship. Anyway, I was wondering which would be better if you could only afford one:confused: :confused:

I am more curios about your 50 yr old friend with the 25 yr old hubby:eek:

Tell me more!

Annie:)

I think you misread it above, it is his 50th birthday and both of their 25th anniversary, but I like you thinking...25 year old are in their prime:D;)

I would go with Portifino if I had one pick. I think the variety is better and everything seems to have just a bit more character. It's hard to put a finger on, but it just seems a notch above Chops.

Mike

We just returned from the Serenade and dined at both. While I really liked the steak itself better at Chops, DW and I both agreed that the better overall "experience" was at Portofinos. That said, if the ship has both, I will go to both!

I think Chops has better food, and Portofinos has better atmosphere.:D If her birthday and their anniversary on on different days, have them do one restaurant on each day. Portofino's for the anniversary, and Chops for the birthday.

(on a separate note, SueL, could you email me at marlene.newell@gmail.com I've got some champix questions for you)

Any particular reason why?

Archived