Will kids (9 & 11) be bored silly on ruins trek?

snzz

. . . and your kids have enough opportunity to spend time with airheads when they are at home, take them to Altun Ha with a stop off to see the Snake Man, or to Lamanai, which should give you all something of a workout--and a full day rich with memories!

Lamanai in particular has birds, crocodiles, a wide variety of Mayan structures, howler monkeys, two busrides, two boatrides, a hike and a pretty good lunch WITH Coca-Cola.

If you want your kids--and maybe yourselves--to learn anything on your day in Belize, I would recommend contacting Major Tom before you go. IMHO. Anything else is second best. ;)

you can learn about them on this site:

lamanai

http://www.belizeexplorer.com/cgi-local/explorer.cgi?db=explorer&uid=default&Category=Mayan+Sites&view_records=1&nh=6&mh=1

altun ha

http://www.belizeexplorer.com/cgi-local/explorer.cgi?db=explorer&uid=default&Category=Mayan+Sites&view_records=1&nh=11&mh=1

the one thing, lamanai is a long, all day tour...the boat ride is fun with chance to see wildlife and birds. the site, itself, is jungle with a few families of howler monkeys. but it is LONG...you can see more in my photos through my webshot link. we loved it, thought it was one of the best tour EVER...loved our tour guide (through NCL)

. . . but the Snake Man, should you want to see and/or handle Belizean snakes, is on the way to Altun Ha. Altun Ha is a much less strenuous visit, and a beautiful and very historically significant site, but I infer all of you are young and energetic, and you might as well take an all-day tour, which Lamanai is! :rolleyes::D

Archived