PrimeTime or SuperShuttle which is best in LA?

koolkul

I am arriving at LAX on 3/14 and plan on staying at a local hotel that night. Then taking the free shuttle back to LAX to catch a shuttle to the port in San Pedro. I was just wondering which shuttle service to use. I've noticed that they are about the same cost, so I was just wondering what their service was like. Any help will be appreciated!!

I can't speak about PrimeTime but SuperShuttle was not a pleasant experience. Took two hours to get from LAX to the port. On the return trip the driver drove like a bat out of hell, almost losing control on the interstate at one point. I guess the more trips he makes the more he gets in tips and this was very evident in his driving. Had I not prepaid the tips online, I definitely would not have tipped that man!

We used SuperShuttle this past Sunday and payed online. We had a great experience. They were very helpful in getting us to LAX and handling our luggage. Guess every company has it's share of bad employees. You can get a $3.00 off coupon online also with SuperShuttle. It's not much but every little bit helps. When we got off the ship they were right there. The supervisor was out there calling on the phone for additional drivers to the area. We were put in the shuttle in less than 5 mins. It was only a 20 mins. drive to LAX.

we landed at LAX on 1/26/08 at 4:45PM, used Prime Time and was at our hotel in Long Beach at 6:00PM that night. Did not want to be hurried on Sunday..... Used the free hotel shuttle to the pier. On the return, 2/3/08, last sunday, used Prime Time for the return to LAX......great service, no problems, will use them again.:)

We used Prime Time and had an awful experience! We had prepaid for the a rt to and from LAX. The ride to the airport was uneventful. Home was another story. While we were waiting for our luggage, DH called them to let them know we had landed (it was after midnight). He was instructed to call them back after we had our luggage. We did ...but they never answered their phone. We just kept getting voice mail. Once a prime time shuttle stopped but wouldnt pick anyone up or even listen to us. This went on for 2 hrs. Finally we grabbed a shuttle for a rental car and payed way too much money to rent a car at 3 am to drive home.

We still havent gotten the money back from prime time!!

We have used Super Shuttle numerous times. They get the job done.

I've used Primetime twice, once to get from LAX to San Pedro, and once from LAX to long beach. Both times we didn't have any problems at all and the drivers were on time and courteous. The only thing I didn't like was them driving around the terminals a few times until the van was full, but still we got to our destinations in plenty of time. I would recommend.

We used gosedan.com and got a private towncar for $70 including tip and a friendly driver - took less than 30 minutes from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro which is a stones throw from the pier - they also have a shuttle to the pier.

Ron

I've used www.karmel.com and always had great service. They don't do the round and round the airport trick to try to pick up more fares. They have been on time and good drivers. When my flight was delayed 4 hours coming back from Texas a couple of years ago, they had noted it and changed my reservation without my calling them. If you look at the BBB site, Prime Time is the worst. They were also kicked out of the airport a couple of years ago for not having insurance and have been cited by the California Highway Patrol for unsafe vehicles.

Why are you going back to the airport? Just have the shuttle pick you up at the hotel.

Enjoy

Ron

Archived