Balcony on Glory 8/30/08 - rm 8268

TRSGayle

Hi. My husband and I are cruising on the Glory on 8/30/08. We have always stayed in the inside cabins everytime we cruised because we were traveling with our kids. This time it's just us! (YEAH!) So we went with a balcony. I have heard these are not worth the money and then I have heard ppl wouldn't go unless they were in a balcony room but we wanted to try the experience. We were a little skeptical about the date but we thought that we might try it even if it is hurricaine season. The price was right. Any thoughts about this date? We are experienced cruisers and do like our drinks (Which we bring) and we like to socialize but do like to be able to hang out in our room and have drinks if we want. I wondered if these rooms are larger than the inside rooms so that we can do that and not feel so cramped. Also we are on the Verandah deck room 8268. Is this room in a good location as to noise? I looked at the deck plans but can never really tell anything by those. We have been on the Inspiration and Conquest and am just trying to compare the Glory to one of these. Lots of questions. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Hi. My husband and I are cruising on the Glory on 8/30/08. We have always stayed in the inside cabins everytime we cruised because we were traveling with our kids. This time it's just us! (YEAH!) So we went with a balcony. I have heard these are not worth the money and then I have heard ppl wouldn't go unless they were in a balcony room but we wanted to try the experience. We were a little skeptical about the date but we thought that we might try it even if it is hurricaine season. The price was right. Any thoughts about this date?

I wondered if these rooms are larger than the inside rooms so that we can do that and not feel so cramped. Also we are on the Verandah deck room 8268. Is this room in a good location as to noise? I looked at the deck plans but can never really tell anything by those. We have been on the Inspiration and Conquest and am just trying to compare the Glory to one of these. Lots of questions. Sorry. :rolleyes:

1. It is hurricane season, so you should buy travel insurance "just in case".

2. Verandah deck is below Lido deck. However, I looked at the location of your room and I think you will be fine in regards to noise. The Lido deck rooms are directly above yours......not pool or deck chairs. Most people, myself included, prefer to have rooms above and below their room.

3. We had a suite with balcony on the Glory back in October. Loved it! The balcony room is 185 square feet which compares to the Cat 4 inside rooms. You will LOVE the balcony for sitting out and having drinks. We found a fantastic deal for the suite which was why we took it, but I will always book at least a balcony for 7 day cruises from now on. A last minute 4 day cruise, I would settle for oceanview.

4. I think that you will really like Glory. Some people have complained that there seemed to be more "motion" on this ship than others. Despite being in the navy for 20 years, I tend to get sea sick. Never had a problem. We had a smooth ride almost the whole way.

Thanks alot! We are really looking forward to the trip as you can tell. I started a thread the last time we went and wound up with a lot of great people talking for about 6 months before the cruise. We all met on the ship and it was like meeting family! Do you have any suggestions for the ports we are going to? We are taking the Eastern cruise to Nassau and the virgin islands. We really wanted to visit Disney while we were in Fl but thought it may be too far. Do you suggest any particular hotels so we can leave our car parked there?

Hi, We stayed in room 8265 and loved it. It is wonderful to be one flight of stairs from the pool and the food. We didn't have any problems with noise. I think once we heard a chair being moved. But that was about it.

I would book this room tomorrow if I could!!

Have a great cruise,

Carla

Thanks alot! We are really looking forward to the trip as you can tell. I started a thread the last time we went and wound up with a lot of great people talking for about 6 months before the cruise. We all met on the ship and it was like meeting family! Do you have any suggestions for the ports we are going to? We are taking the Eastern cruise to Nassau and the virgin islands. We really wanted to visit Disney while we were in Fl but thought it may be too far. Do you suggest any particular hotels so we can leave our car parked there?

We did the Western itinerary when we went. DH has been to St Maarten (navy "cruise") and recommends visiting the French side of the island. Check out the Radisson at the Port. I believe they offer a package where you can spend the night before your cruise and leave your car. They also offer shuttle service to the ship. Additionally, there is a nice parking area and garage at Port Canaveral. Not sure about the charge per day to park. Enjoy your cruise.

Orlando is going to be about 45 minutes to 1 hour from Port Canaveral, depending on traffic. If you are traveling either direction during rush hour it could take considerably longer. We are sailing the Glory on 8-23-08 and have booked our 1st balcony. Can't wait!!!!! Happy sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived