So excited!

Jodster19

I am bursting at the seams. Just have to tell EVERYONE, how excited hubby and I are. We are going on our first cruise the beginning of March. It is our 25th anniversary. We are going on the Costa Fortuna to the Western carribean. Can hardly, hardly wait. I know we will have a great time because we have never done a cruise before and we have nothing to compare it to.We got a room with a window. Also booked the early seating for supper. We are so ready!!! Counting the sleeps and already packed. Thanks for listening everyone. From a very cold canadian, lol.

I am bursting at the seams. Just have to tell EVERYONE, how excited hubby and I are. We are going on our first cruise the beginning of March. It is our 25th anniversary. We are going on the Costa Fortuna to the Western carribean. Can hardly, hardly wait. I know we will have a great time because we have never done a cruise before and we have nothing to compare it to.We got a room with a window. Also booked the early seating for supper. We are so ready!!! Counting the sleeps and already packed. Thanks for listening everyone. From a very cold canadian, lol.

From one cold cannuck to another - have a great time:D Arent you just sick of shovelling snow.? At least you have the vision of warm blue water and sunny beaches in your mind.

And welcome to cc, by the way:)

Welcome to CC, saw it was your first post.

Not only will you love your first cruise, they excitement of getting on a ship the first time is so amazing but you will be pleased you found these boards so you can get all kinds of tips before you go.

Don't forget to check out the ports of call section. You can get reviews of shore excursions and often find private ones for a lot less money.

If there is a roll call for your date- check that out too.

Many happy wishes for a Fabulous First Cruise! I'll never forget ours -- it was on Disney -- and I was instantly hooked. Now the DD (11 going on impossible) is dragged along everywhere and is all "been there, done that." Whatever, Mom still enjoys!

May you enjoy the sweet lapping of the waves and the respite from a cold Canadian winter :rolleyes:

I can't wait!! 3 weeks from today it will be "white" sand instead of snow.....and blue waters intsead of blue fingers!! We are getting blasted by another storm today....uggg

I love hearing people excited about their Costa cruise...I was starting to get worried, with so many complaints.

This is our first Costa one , we have only done Disney. We are going with 8 other families (only one has done a cruise before), so I am getting nervous.....I just want them to have a great time, I was the one to find the great deal on kids sail free....so how bad could it be????

No cooking, cleaning, warm waters and sunny skies....I am happy just to be away from the Great White North..

Can't Wait!!!!!

I also am so excited! My husband and I have not been on a cruise either, and we are also cold Canadians. I, too, am packed and ready to go, and we don't sail until March 8th. on Costa Med. Going on the Western side departing from Fort Lauderdale. Have a great time - I know you will - and so will we. Count down - Janice

I'm glad you wrote, my DH and I are taking a repositioning cruise on the Medeterranea in April and there seems to be no interest on these boards in that particular cruise. We have cruised many times and are excited about this one. Here are a few tips: pack your toiletries, a nice outfit and your swimsuit and flipflops in your carry-on bag because sometimes luggage is late getting to the cabins. I've never cruised on Costa, but if they offer a spa tour I will take it. Most lines offer this on embarkation day, it's free and you get to see what's available. All the other lines I've been on have the buffet open to serve lunch. I'm assuming Cost will too so no need to try to feed your group lunch before boarding. Others who've cruised with Costa recently can confirm this.

Happy Sailing!

Elsie:cool:

I'm glad you wrote, my DH and I are taking a repositioning cruise on the Medeterranea in April and there seems to be no interest on these boards in that particular cruise. We have cruised many times and are excited about this one. Here are a few tips: pack your toiletries, a nice outfit and your swimsuit and flipflops in your carry-on bag because sometimes luggage is late getting to the cabins. I've never cruised on Costa, but if they offer a spa tour I will take it. Most lines offer this on embarkation day, it's free and you get to see what's available. All the other lines I've been on have the buffet open to serve lunch. I'm assuming Cost will too so no need to try to feed your group lunch before boarding. Others who've cruised with Costa recently can confirm this.

Happy Sailing!

Elsie:cool:

Welcome to CC! I'm excited for you and your hubby! I remember when I went on my first cruise...it was SOOOOO much more than I could even imagine. It's such a great feeling to see you ship for the first time.

I do have to warn you though...you're going to be hooked for life. As soon as you get home to cold Canada, you'll start searching for another cruise. It happens to all of us! So don't be surprised if you become a cruise addict!

Enjoy!

Happy Anniversary and Welcome to CC!

You will have a blast on Costa; I'll betcha anything it may be your FIRST cruise, but it won't be your last.

We went to Alaska on Celebrity 3 years ago, and haven't stopped cruising since!!!

ENJOY!!!!

Have a great 25th and a great cruise too (our 1st cruise was Costa eastern Med Sea -Concordia, one month ago, for our 25th wedding anniversary - great having nothing to compare it to...give our best to the waves and sun, have fun!

Archived