Review of the Marriott Hollywood Beach (Thanks to Bequia!!)

wannascuba

My family (DH, DD13 and DS11) stayed for 1 night pre-cruise in January at this hotel using our reward points. We have stayed at some pretty fancy hotels through my husbands work and some not so great hotels when we travel to visit family. For a one night stay, I can't say enough about this place. In fact, I could have stayed a couple more nights. I was a little hesitant after booking because some people said there wasn't much to do around there so I ran my concerns by Bequia and she assured me this was fine for what I was looking for.

We arrived at 11:30 am on Saturday and our room was ready. We had a rental car and was charged $10 for the night with in/out privileges (I come from the Chicago area where parking is $35 - $45 a night) so that was a great deal for us. We had a refrigerator in the room, a flat screen TV and a pretty decent view of the ocean from the side of the hotel.

The restaurant was delicious, the Sunday buffet was great and the pool is heated and was very warm!! The beach was not very crowded where we were and we found some chairs to sit on and put our things on for free (not sure if these were owned by the hotel or not but they were abandoned later in the afternoon so that is why we used them). The Boardwalk was really neat and the further south we walked, the more people we saw. We ate at an awesome bar and grill and had ice cream nearby. Stopped at a couple of shops along the way. We really enjoyed it!!

As far as the hotel, it has a very small gift shop, the restaurant you can eat inside or out, the pool area was very nice with some music playing (I think one time there was a steel drum out there) and not very loud and I felt everything was very clean. The rooms were quite impressive for a Marriott (very tall beds), the parking area was very easy to get to, didn't have any waits with the elevators and the staff was great!!

Thank you so much Bequia because staying there was a great way to start our vacation before the cruise.

Excellent, accurate review, couldn't have said it better myself. Hope you had the opportunity to have some fresh squeezed oj while you were there. Had I realized you were from the Chicago area I would have steered you to Capones Flickerlight restaurant for some really good Chicago style pizza,(then again, you probably get enough of that back home.lol).

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

When we are in Fort Lauderdale pre or post cruise we head for Hollywood Beach and sit on the beach in front of the Mariott. We have had lunch there and some frosty beverages. We have been curious about their rooms.

Thanks again!! :)

Trying to decide to fly home from FLL or MIAmi w. 1 day post cruise.

Have done Miami several times, was looking for something different. This sounds perfect.

How far from the airport is it? Is there a shuttle? Is there a way to bid on priceline and end up with this hotel or to many other hotels in same category/area?

We also stayed there the middle of January. We absolutely loved it. Spent two nights there, and could have spent a couple more. Eating outside in the evening was wonderful. The beach was so close.

Yes bequia, we tried the fresh squeezed OJ. We walked both directions on the broadwalk, then sat at the bar and had a couple beers and listened to the band.

We also had a great view of both the ocean and the intercoastal.

It is way below zero here now, and I would give anything to be sitting back there at the bar right now.

Thanks also Bequia for suggesting the place and the restaurant.

Claudia

Archived