Car Rental in Vancouver

Something happened to my post! Sorry!!!

I am new to the boards and am trying to get things in order for my cruise in May.

After our cruise we have a day before our flight home and we are interested in renting a car to tour Vancouver.

My question is ....are there any rental companies near the port of Vancouver (we are sailing royal caribbean) or do we have to pay for a taxi and go all the way to the airpot and rent from there, since we will need to return it there the following day fo our flight home?

I saw something about a car rental place in "canada place" but I do not know what that is.

thank you for any and all help.

Anna

As you're on Royal Caribbean, you'll be docking at Ballantyne. Most car rental agencies do have rentals available downtown, but I doubt any will have representatives on site.

Do you really need a car for just a day in Vancouver ? We have a pretty good transit system, and frankly traffic in the downtown area is annoying. You may find that the combination of renting/parking (most hotels downtown charge extra for parking) might just exceed that of a few cabs and bus trips.

I will be staying one night also, at the Marriott. We get off the ship in the morning and will go to the hotel. We will spend that day without a car based on the great response from all the people on these boards. Then the next morning we will pick up a car from Hertz right downtown and spend that day in the surrounding area before returning it to the airport. No drop fee.

I will be staying one night also, at the Marriott. We get off the ship in the morning and will go to the hotel. We will spend that day without a car based on the great response from all the people on these boards. Then the next morning we will pick up a car from Hertz right downtown and spend that day in the surrounding area before returning it to the airport. No drop fee.

Archived