Review of Sheraton Yankee Trader and Ft. Lauderdale

vickie_bernie

We flew in two days early and took a taxi to the Sheraton Yankee Trader (which we booked on Priceline) the total cost with tip was $27.

We were assigned a room in the South Tower (which you access by a covered walkway on the second floor). We were upgraded to an ocean view room, and a corner room so we had views on two sides.

The room was quite spacious and we absolutely loved the bedding. There was a safe and when we tried to program it, it just wouldn't accept a code. We called to the front desk and withing five minutes someone was there, when they couldn't work it, they called security maintenance. They arrived within five minutes too and fixed it -- it required a battery.

the conceirge desk was very very helpful. We rented a car for the day thru them, we got recommendations for dinner, directions to Sawgrass and we also arranged a van for four people to transport us to the pier.

We had breakfast both mornings in their restaurant. The food was very good, service was great one day, so so the next. Some said the prices were high, but I found it was comparable to most hotel restaurants I've eaten in.

We walked to the Starbucks, about a half hour away, decided to walk since we didn't have a car on the last morning and we had time to kill.

We didn't use the pool as the weather was cloudy and windy but it looked very nice. There is also a walkway that you can take to get to the beach.

We had dinner at Casablancas just down the road. The food was good, but the live music was so loud you couldn't talk or hear anyone. The next night we had dinner at Ugly Tuna and I can't really recommend this place. The food was not that good, prices were reasonable though.

Overall I highly recommend the Sheraton Yankee Trader for a pre or post cruise stay.

Glad you enjoyed the Yankee Trader...thanks for your post !!

Next time....try the WaterBus to Las Olas and enjoy the shopping (Chico's ! ) and dining( lots there...we like Mangos) and of course the ice cream across the street...at Kirwin's !!

Nice you got to Sawgrass...isn't it huge ?? !! Another favourite !

Sharon

Glad you enjoyed the Yankee Trader...thanks for your post !!

Next time....try the WaterBus to Las Olas and enjoy the shopping (Chico's ! ) and dining( lots there...we like Mangos) and of course the ice cream across the street...at Kirwin's !!

Nice you got to Sawgrass...isn't it huge ?? !! Another favourite !

Sharon

we were going to take the waterbus; but we wanted to go to Sawgrass and a taxi would of cost twice as much as a rental car. But we did use the car to get us to Las Olas and did some shopping and people watching. I will have to remember Mangos and the ice cream place Kirwins.

Sawgrass is huge, thank goodness they give you a map when you arrive. We spent a lot of time and money there, and some great deals.

Hi Vickie - don't mean to hijack the thread - wanted to add my thoughts on the Ugly Tuna - we have ate there two other times - both times earlier in the day outside and it was very good. This time we ate inside later in the evening and we felt the same as Vickie - not so good. In fact, the first night of our cruise both my husband and I were up most of the night (was really worried we had managed to get the flu just in time for our cruise) - but by the following morning we were both fine - pretty sure The Ugly Tuna didn't agree with us.

Hi Vickie - don't mean to hijack the thread - wanted to add my thoughts on the Ugly Tuna - we have ate there two other times - both times earlier in the day outside and it was very good. This time we ate inside later in the evening and we felt the same as Vickie - not so good. In fact, the first night of our cruise both my husband and I were up most of the night (was really worried we had managed to get the flu just in time for our cruise) - but by the following morning we were both fine - pretty sure The Ugly Tuna didn't agree with us.

hey donna, funny both Bernie and i were up quite a bit all night to re tasting the entire meal, thankfully the company was great.

Archived