Tulum Mayan Ruins trip - whats for lunch?

You did better than we did, we just barely got back for our 6:00 pm seating (and 6:15 sailing). But on the published tour description on the Freedom, it was clear:

"This tour ends downtown, and does not include transportation back to the vessel (i.e. taxi, etc.). This is to allow guests free time downtown and to return at their discretion."

It is BS -- you are 3 miles from the ship and you have 1 hour before sailing and you see a huge line up for taxis. Who in their right mind is going to use that "free time" for anything but high-tailing it back to the pier? But I did know they were going to drop us off downtown beforehand. I just didn't know they were going to cut it that close. According the the published time (6 1/2 hours), we should have been back in Cozumel at 4:30, not 5:15. 4:30 would have left an hour and 45 minutes to get back to the ship, and would have felt reasonable.

I guess its All In the pier You arrive at: We also Hit the pier at about 5:15. And at that point Our Ship (Voyager) was on our Right. Seems To Me it was Closer than 3 Miles. We were able to walk Back and Arrived About 5:45 On Board. We had told our waiter that we would not Be there and he told Come what ever time you can and we Will get you seated. We were able To get a Quick shower and Arrive at Dinner About 6:30. We were put At our normal table.

I Guess we were lucky

I do know that when we were on the Mariner, dinner was delayed by about 15 minutes that night. We didn't realize it, arrived at the dining room on time, but the doors did not open till about 6:15 instead of 6:00. We also had no trouble at all in getting a taxi. It was almost immediate.

My husband and I also did this tour. Tulum was amazing, very beautiful. If you have to go to the bathroom though, be prepared ( I take kleenex travel packs.) There is a lady who mans the restroom located in the ruins, and she gives you one square of toilet paper for a dollar. She wouldn't let you in the restroom if you didn't pay,(which didn't bother me to pay this) but one piece of tissue paper doesn't do the job. I also take soap sheets and purell. The box lunch wasn't memorable, but there is a tram that goes from the ruins back to the tour bus, very cheap but well worth it. If you want to video tape it, there is also a charge for that. There is also a beach there that I didn't know about before we went.

:) Carole,

Did you enjoy the parade to the bus? Walking 2 X 2 to the buses.

The only thing I wish I had done differently is to wear sandals, I wore sneakers because the RCL recommended good walking shoes. My feet were suffercating in sneakers. I wish I had worn sandals. We walked down to the beach, to cool off my feet. The water was refreshing, many peole were swimming.

Also it was kind of difficult to mix the tuna, while sitting on the bus.

From what I have been reading, I'm glad we were in Playa de Carmen, so we had no issues with a ferry, only a tender.

Archived