Ginger ale?

curlymama

So if you want ginger ale at any other time of the day, you need to request it from the bar and pay extra for it?

Yes, if you order any soda from the bar you will pay extra including tip.

I would bring a few cans in your carry-on for the room, and get ginger ale at regular meals if needed.

1) Will the airlines allow me to carry onto the plane a 6-pack of ginger ale? (I'm arriving same-day and getting picked up right away by Disney transfers.)

2) Can the airplane pressure make the cans explode?

You cannot put soda in your carryon when travelling by airplane. I have put canned soda in my checked luggage wrapped in a baggie. That was one can, I'm not sure about a six pack.

I have been told there are several drugstores within a short distance of the port. I'm not sure now which, was thinking Walgreens or CVS. We plan to pick up bottled water there for excursions in Cozumel.

Edited to add: I checked, it is a CVS on Duval St. in Key West.

I have been told there are several drugstores within a short distance of the port. I'm not sure now which, was thinking Walgreens or CVS. We plan to pick up bottled water there for excursions in Cozumel.

Edited to add: I checked, it is a CVS on Duval St. in Key West.

Thanks so much for the info! Is this walking distance from the port? If I ask someone in which direction CVS is when I get off the ship, is this common knowledge that people at the port would usually know?

Duval is a main street a couple of blocks from the port. I believe CVS is 12 Duval St....you can google cvs, and use the store locator. Not sure how easy it will be to carry a lot back from there, but we will see.

Here is a thread from another board about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1178972&referrerid=&highlight=cvs+key+west

Archived