Discounts for Group?

E&B

We're trying to plan a family vacation next summer. How many passengers/cabins would we need to book to be able to get any sort of discount from RCCL?

We could have up to 18 family members in 7 cabins, but in all likelihood it will probably be lower.

Unfortunatly from what I understand 7 cabin isn't enough through RCCL to be a true "group". If you go through a travel agent they may offer you incentives for that many like free dinner for 2 at a specialty restaurant and a free bottle of wine for each stateroom. Usually the big discount is when you have 8+ rooms. The agent I used gives one free "birth" (means that one person in a cabin can cruise free, but has to pay port charges, taxes, fuel surcharge........also the person going free only gets a free birth in an equal category to what the other cabins are booked. So if your guests are inside and you want a D1 my agent would have deducted the base cost of the inside cabin off my bill.) per 8 double occupied cabins. Now I know other agents will (instead of giving the leader money off) will divide it up and take alittle off each cabin (there is the discount). Hope this helps. This has been my experience. I say get a RCCL Credit card thats how I save the most!!!

You won't get a discount on the cruise fare itself. Generally speaking - and this is not always the case - you'd need to book 16 berths (eight cabins at double occupancy; third/fourth sharing do not count towards this) to qualify as a "group". If you've fulfilled the requirement of 16 berths, a free "tour conductor" berth is earned. As the previous poster mentioned, taxes/fees/port charges are still levied.

Select sailings will have group amenity points available. These can be used for shipboard credits, gifts such as bottles of wine, cabin upgrades, etc. You should probably talk to a TA about this; they'll have access to a list of all applicable sailings where amenity points are being offered on group bookings.

Archived