Cabin Size and Kids

Underboss101

I will be going on a carnival cruise in Dec with my wife and 2yr old, and I was trying the get the experts opinon on whether the size of the cabin matters when you take little kids on a cruise. For example a balcony vs a suite. This cruising thing is all new to me, and i am trying to wrap my head around it. Any help I can found out here will be greatly appreciated

Our first w/ kids cruise was on the Carnival Destiny and we had a cat 12 suite. DDs crib fit in the room great and it was awesome (essential IMHO) to have the tub. Cat 11 also have tub. The biggest benefit was the expedited embarkation/disembarkation which was really nice with an 18mo old! That being said, although they are the largest cabins, they weren't huge (like other lines top of the heap suites - no baby grand!) and as far as I could tell, there was no concierge service or lounge. But, they are alot cheaper than suites on other lines. If you can afford it, it's a nice indulgance.

Our first cruise was Carnival in 9/06 with our then 3 year old and our 8 month old. We just got the cheapest, interior cabin and the space was fine. The shower thing was a little tough but we couldn't afford the suite and had enough space in our cabin for a crib and still room for them to play. I would say it is fine, especially if price is an issue for you. The only bummer was when we had to stay with them after they went to bed-couldn't really watch TV or anything. We are going again in 4 weeks and actually got two adjoining rooms-cheaper than a Jr suite which was what I was going to spring for-the PVP talked me out of it-and this way we won't have a tub but we'll have two bathrooms!

Archived