Should I bring camera to Mayfield Falls?

canadian cruising couple

I LOVE Mayfield Falls...it's very pristine and out of the way. Dunn's River, on the other hand, is heavily visited by tour ships and there is grafitti and pushy vendors galore. And yes, letsgoagain, it is similar to Dunn's River.

We took our regular digitial camera with us and our guide actually carried through the rough patches for us (and took pictures of us as well). It was a simply fantastic day!

I have booked a tour with A-Z Planners to go to Mayfield Falls.

Will we be able to spend much time in the water? We went cavetubing in Belize and loved the feel of being in the jungle and messing around in the water!

Will we be able to take our 11 month old grandson on this excursion or should we leave him behind on the ship with his other grandmother?

Did you find the water cold? My DH and I will be going in November and considered visiting the falls. Thank you for a response.

We were there in July and it was a bit brisk when you first entered, but it was quite comfortable after you got used to it.

westernmom, I would leave your 11 month old on the ship. It can be slippery (recommend water shoes!), so you'll have more peace of mind with your grandson safely aboard ship. As for the time in the water, we had a private tour while we were staying on a land vacation in Jamaica so we were literally the ONLY people in the water as we got there early in the morning. We had plenty of time to enjoy the water before we headed back...but then again, we weren't with an organized tour.

1375839714_MayfieldFalls.jpg.5aac1d2954ddf415f996bc5dcc51133c.jpg

384687740_MayfieldFalls2.jpg.87c81ccc7332fd74990bd4855d04918c.jpg

Archived