Carnial Valor Question

jimmybog

Carnival Valor Questions

Apologies if these have been asked before. I usually do lots of research to get my answers. But in this case there seems to be a lot of conflicting answers throughout various forums for the questions I am about to ask. Here goes:

1) I understand that carbonated soft drinks are charged or you can use a fountain fun card. Does anyone know what the approx price is for the fountain fun card?

2) I also understand that juices, coffee and tea are free. Does this only apply to certain areas of the ship and at certain times?

3) At evening dinner in the main dining rooms; is water and juices free of charge? And can I get a cup of coffee after my meal without being charged for it? I don’t care if its normal coffee or espresso/cappuccino. If coffee is charged in the main dining room can I get one elsewhere (snack bar etc) free of charge?

4) During the day, is water (none bottled) freely available throughout the ship? And is there a charge for it? For example can I get a free cup of water whilst lazing near one of the pools or whilst having a spot of lunch in the buffet or from one of the snack bars?

5) On the Carnival Valor ship, we have an Ocean view stateroom. Is there a fridge in the room? Some forums say there is but others say there is not.

6) I don’t understand what type of electrical sockets there are in the staterooms. The way I read it, there is a 3 pronged 110v and 220v socket. Now I thought that only the UK uses 3 pronged square pin sockets? North America uses two pronged square pin sockets. Surely these ships use the same sockets as in North America. Or have I got this all completely wrong?

7) I have also read that staterooms have ice buckets. Where do you get the ice from? Are there ice machines on the decks for this?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first cruise and I like to be prepared. Thanks

Carnival Valor Questions

Apologies if these have been asked before. I usually do lots of research to get my answers. But in this case there seems to be a lot of conflicting answers throughout various forums for the questions I am about to ask. Here goes:

1) I understand that carbonated soft drinks are charged or you can use a fountain fun card. Does anyone know what the approx price is for the fountain fun card? I don't know the price, but it's not worth it unless you drink tons of soda, IMO. You are allowed to carry on soda and bottled water...that's what I do.

2) I also understand that juices, coffee and tea are free. Does this only apply to certain areas of the ship and at certain times? There are drink stations in the buffet area...this is free. Open 24/7. The juices available vary. Also hot chocolate 24/7.

3) At evening dinner in the main dining rooms; is water and juices free of charge? Yes. And can I get a cup of coffee after my meal without being charged for it? Yes. I don’t care if its normal coffee or espresso/cappuccino. If coffee is charged in the main dining room can I get one elsewhere (snack bar etc) free of charge? No charge in the dining room. You can also get it in the buffet area and room service. There is a speciality coffee shop on board....this you'd have to pay for.

4) During the day, is water (none bottled) freely available throughout the ship? And is there a charge for it? For example can I get a free cup of water whilst lazing near one of the pools or whilst having a spot of lunch in the buffet or from one of the snack bars? Bottle water you pay for. There's water at the drink station in the buffet. I drink that, or the tap water in my cabin. I bring a mug from home for that.

5) On the Carnival Valor ship, we have an Ocean view stateroom. Is there a fridge in the room? Some forums say there is but others say there is not. I was in an OV on Valor. There could have been a fridge, I don't recall, but I never use them anyway. Any fridges that have been in any of the cabins I've been in do not keep things really cold. I bring a collapsable cooler. The steward will keep it full for you.

6) I don’t understand what type of electrical sockets there are in the staterooms. The way I read it, there is a 3 pronged 110v and 220v socket. Now I thought that only the UK uses 3 pronged square pin sockets? North America uses two pronged square pin sockets. Surely these ships use the same sockets as in North America. Or have I got this all completely wrong? I don't know the 110v or 220v thing (I'm electically challenged..lol) but my electical things from the US work in the socket.

7) I have also read that staterooms have ice buckets. Where do you get the ice from? Are there ice machines on the decks for this? The cabins will have an ice bucket. The steward keeps it full for you. There are ice machines on every deck. You can ask the steward where it is on your deck if you want to do it yourself, but all you have to do is ask and the steward will get it for you.

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first cruise and I like to be prepared. Thanks

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Archived