West Wall Dive or Stingray City Dive?

jdbmga

Which dive should my DH and I do? DH has been certified for years. I will be newly certified as of the end of April. (cruising in July)

The West Wall dive says depths up to 100ft, which I am nervous about. The wall dive seem like a better value at $90 for a two tank dive vs $65 for a one tank dive at SRC. I've heard that SRC is a do not miss type thing in GC. We will be renting BCs and regulators for both, making the 2 tank dive a better value since we will have to rent the equipment.

Please help me decide which one to do.

Yeah, we like to reserve the 100' wall dives for advanced divers, advanced meaning more certification...

Don't forget, the deeper you go, the less down time you have! 100' only gives you like 10 minutes while 50' is like an hour.

Contact Ambassador Divers, see what they might be able to arrange. The website is ambassadordivers.com

Incidentally, I did the North Wall the day after completing my OW course at the Seaview Hotel way back in 1992. My first dive after certification was 100'.

It's no sweat if (and this can be a big IF!) the dive operation knows you are a new diver and they take care of you. In my case, my OW instructor's boss arranged the trip and they were fully briefed.

Despite what was posted above, we get hundreds (probably thousands) of divers coming out here and diving the wall with just OW certification without problems.

Contact Ambassador Divers, see what they might be able to arrange. The website is ambassadordivers.com

Incidentally, I did the North Wall the day after completing my OW course at the Seaview Hotel way back in 1992. My first dive after certification was 100'.

It's no sweat if (and this can be a big IF!) the dive operation knows you are a new diver and they take care of you. In my case, my OW instructor's boss arranged the trip and they were fully briefed.

Despite what was posted above, we get hundreds (probably thousands) of divers coming out here and diving the wall with just OW certification without problems.

Thanks, I sent them an email

Archived